News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Gaming HQ / Re: New Paradox Tinto Game? EU...
Last post by Syt - Today at 01:27:46 AM
Worryingly, Johan said most players will be fine to just leave all that automated. :D
Last post by garbon - Today at 01:26:44 AM
I've mentally written this one off. I'll be pleasantly surprised if all this results in an enjoyable game..
Last post by Syt - Today at 01:05:45 AM
QuoteFor example, building a light ship in the Age of Renaissance requires Naval Supplies, Lumber, Weaponry, Copper, Tin, and Metalworks, while moving your capital requires Paper, Books, Stone, Lumber, Marble, and gold.

QuoteBuildings are rather important in Project Caesar. There are hundreds of different types of buildings, some can only be built in rural locations, and some require a town or city. Some can only be built in ports, and some can only be built in other countries. Some you can only build when there is no owner of a location. Lots of buildings are unique to cultures, regions, religions, or even to specific tags.

Some buildings can only have 1 level, some have a fixed cap, and some have a cap that scales with the population or development, and so on.

Buildings can also be categorized into three different categories: buildings that can produce goods, buildings that only give effects, and buildings that can only be built by the estates. Those pure estates usually have a drawback to them as well, and it's not easy to remove them.

QuoteSo what about producing buildings then? This is where the truly fun parts of the economy start. Project Caesar has a large amount of different goods. We currently have about 70 different ones that have different needs, some are needed for the military, some are needed solely by pops, some are needed for buildings, and so on.

QuoteAs an example, a Castle does not produce any goods, but it still requires Stone, Metalworks, Weaponry, and Tar to function, and if it does not get those goods, then the Castle will not function properly. The effectiveness of a building is based on the lowest available percentage of goods present, and it will only purchase and use required materials in that percentage required. If the market cannot supply enough resources, then it will not work.

Plus, of course, pops to operate buildings. So basically the Vic3 economy heavily expanded? Call me skeptical re: balance, AI being able to handle it, performance ...
Last post by Syt - Today at 01:01:57 AM
From the latest post. Maybe "a bit" too granular for a game supposed to span 500 years? :P

Off the Record / Re: Star Wars Megathread
Last post by Crazy_Ivan80 - Today at 12:54:01 AM
Oldest and I just started the 3rd season. Pretty okay so far. The daily routine tune was perfect for what was being shown.

Shame it's the last season
Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by Syt - Today at 12:46:54 AM
Oh, also: Sesame Street. When I was watching it in early 80s, it was a mix of German produced content and bits from 70s/80s US Sesame Street (mostly animated and puppet sections).
Last post by Syt - Today at 12:45:42 AM
Looking at a TV program from March 1990 (thanks, internet!) in Germany. Old shows on at the time were CHiPs, Family Affair (that show with Brian Keith and Sebastian Cabot), Marcus Welby, M.D., Love Boat, Happy Days, Wild Wild West, Star Trek TOS, Incredible Hulk, Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Gunsmoke, Father Murphy, Gemini Man, Charlie's Angels, and more. There's more current shows, too, obviously, but either cheaply bought soaps, or reserved for prime time/later at night (LA Law was on at 10pm).

I recall that in the 80s we also had "Western von Gestern" on TV which showed 1930s/40s westerns and western serials with Lash LaRue or Gene Autrey. (you have a list here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_von_gestern German page, but has original titles). Though the most memorable character for us kids in elementary school was, of course, Fuzzy. :P

(Pronounced in a German fashion of course - "Footsie". Which is still something you might call a dope/weirdo. "Was bist Du für'n Fuzzy?" What kindo of weirdo are you?)
Off the Record / Re: NHL Hockey thread
Last post by HVC - April 24, 2024, 11:58:18 PM
It's false for a reason :lol: 
Off the Record / Re: Elon Musk: Always A Douche
Last post by Admiral Yi - April 24, 2024, 11:54:44 PM
Zanza, personal question.  Your chance to answer. Obviously.

Do you have equity in your employer?
Last post by Admiral Yi - April 24, 2024, 11:50:36 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 24, 2024, 10:28:54 PMI mostly learned Red Dwarf and Yes, Minister from our PBS.  :sleep:

That's kinda what I was thinking.  We had fringe Britshows on PBS and they had no equivalent.