News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
Last post by Tamas - Today at 06:11:29 AM
Gallagher is mediocre at this level, at best.
Off the Record / Re: What does a BIDEN Presiden...
Last post by Sheilbh - Today at 05:56:14 AM
Yeah on vos. I also thought Spanish Spanish used vosotros but in Latin America it was mostly ustedes for all plural yous.
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2024, 05:25:23 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on April 24, 2024, 04:28:09 PMI was also amused to find that the plural informal second tense in New World Spanish (vosotros) is used in the Bible.  I've never encountered it anywhere else (outside of works originating in Spain), so it's like the thee/thou/thine in the KJV.

I think the Argies use it.

Argentines and Uruguayans use Vos, not vosotros, as a "Tu".
Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Gups - Today at 05:36:33 AM
SNP has ended their coalition with the Greens. Apparently concern about the Greens pathetic reaction to the Cass report has played a major part.
Last post by Zoupa - Today at 05:27:41 AM
I hope we can get Gallagher out of this mess.  :sleep:
Gaming HQ / Re: New Paradox Tinto Game? EU...
Last post by Zanza - Today at 05:26:17 AM
Not convinced of the design. Anno and EU do not seem to mix well...
Off the Record / Re: Elon Musk: Always A Douche
Last post by Zanza - Today at 04:59:27 AM
Of course. We can buy shares at a very significant discount to the market price, mainly thanks to German tax laws.
Last post by Tamas - Today at 04:25:25 AM
Yeah, what's the point of detailed production chains in an EU game?

In Victoria 3, sure, the time period requires heavy internal focus. But the EU period? I guess Johan is going all-in on this one. If he manages to pull it off he'll be restored as one of the great strategy game creators, but if he creates another dud after Imperator 1.0, well I don't think there's coming back from that.
Last post by Tamas - Today at 04:16:39 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 16, 2024, 05:38:24 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 16, 2024, 05:06:37 PMLiverpool cannot be low enough on the table for me to be satisfied with it.

Tamas, I'm chatting with a Chelsea fan on a discord server and he seems to think this Chelsea team will mature and be contenders for the league title in two years. I'm curious if you think similarly.

Hey, so did the Arsenal game answer this?  :D

I think they could become CL-place contenders IF: 1. we could get a striker who isn't either a complete muppet or near-permanently injured and 2. the current defense is in fact able to learn how to defend

On strikers, I have come to really despise Jackson. It's one thing to be a young striker who lacks confidence in the big leagues, not to mention that Drogba being the last Chelsea striker to actually find the net regularly, has been kind of our thing now for a decade or so. But I don't think its a lack of confidence he certainly seems to think very highly of himself.

I also have lost patience with Pochettino. I don't see where he is having any positive effect. Heck, even Lampard during his first stint you could kinda' see the team of kids he had had hunger even if clearly tactics-wise there was nothing to be excited or even happy about.

I remember under Mourinho (well, his first time with Chelsea, anyways) if they played shit the first half they'd come out with different tactics or at least a different level of motivation. Same with several other managers, not with this dude however. I am not saying he is not a good/decent coach, I readily admit that the current Chelsea must be a friggin' nightmare to manage, a bunch of young kids bought after some American re-watched Moneyball.

But he is not good enough for this situation. Most telling are his substitutions, they often reek of desperation of the "well, might as well try this since I have no idea what to do" kind.

I am semi-seriously yearning for Mourinho to come back. Yes, he'd crash and burn in a couple of seasons the most and no the game has left him behind so he won't turn us into champions overnight, but we need somebody who can out-ego all these kids and used to be being ruthless in drilling a system into a team. Any kind of system and coherence would do.

And... who else of any (past) note would take the job on?
Last post by Solmyr - Today at 04:11:04 AM
Now we only need detailed characters and dynasties and we can have a single game spanning 867 to 1936!