2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

QuoteHillary Clinton wins 8 WA electoral votes.  4 "faithless" electors votes for others

https://twitter.com/secstatewa/status/810944298099163136
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

The Secretary of State is unable to say who they voted for?

I don't get this. Why go faithless in this situation? I guess this is some kind of far left revolt. I did not expect them to start it like this but here we go.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: katmai on December 19, 2016, 02:16:46 AM
@sbr. Saw a story about recent poll with 52% of GOP voters thinking he won popular vote. :lmfao: :cry:
he did.  Once you erase the millions of illegal votes for the Dems.  That's what he said.

I just wonder how can some people rig the Presidential election but not the Congress at the same time.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

You can watch the EV live here: http://www.270towin.com/live-2016-presidential-election-vote-of-electors/

The 4 faithless Clinton electors in WA are listed has having voted for "other".  :huh:

katmai

Quote from: Legbiter on December 19, 2016, 04:01:43 PM
You can watch the EV live here: http://www.270towin.com/live-2016-presidential-election-vote-of-electors/

The 4 faithless Clinton electors in WA are listed has having voted for "other".  :huh:
Three voted for Colin Powell and not sure who the fourth voted.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2016, 03:54:05 PM
The Secretary of State is unable to say who they voted for?

I don't get this. Why go faithless in this situation? I guess this is some kind of far left revolt. I did not expect them to start it like this but here we go.

I'm sure it makes perfect sense in the Bernieverse.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2016, 03:54:05 PM
I guess this is some kind of far left revolt. I did not expect them to start it like this but here we go.
I told you they were the problem, pages ago.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on December 19, 2016, 04:04:18 PM
Three voted for Colin Powell and not sure who the fourth voted.

Wait. What? Colin Powell? Is he being courted by the Democrats now?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

I heard on the radio that one elector in Maine (?) voted for Bernie.

edit: looking on the map, it was not Maine.  Not sure who they said it was now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2016, 04:10:17 PM

Their thinking is solid, actually. They aren't going to get any GOP electors to switch to HRC, and they aren't going to get enough votes for any other Dems, so the soundest plan is to have all HRC electors switch to a nicer Republican candidate who might actually seem like a good alternative for unhappy GOP electors too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 19, 2016, 04:12:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2016, 04:10:17 PM

Their thinking is solid, actually. They aren't going to get any GOP electors to switch to HRC, and they aren't going to get enough votes for any other Dems, so the soundest plan is to have all HRC electors switch to a nicer Republican candidate who might actually seem like a good alternative for unhappy GOP electors too.

Well they probably should have coordinated this place a bit better :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: katmai on December 19, 2016, 04:04:18 PMThree voted for Colin Powell and not sure who the fourth voted.

He voted for.....Faith Spotted Eagle.

An unexpected contender.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 19, 2016, 04:12:53 PM

I would have thought all electors would cast their ballots simultaneously.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2016, 04:12:35 PM
I heard on the radio that one elector in Maine (?) voted for Bernie.

edit: looking on the map, it was not Maine.  Not sure who they said it was now.

Huh. Legbiter posted that tweet it was from Maine. Possible OMG fake news.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Legbiter on December 19, 2016, 04:14:47 PM
He voted for.....Faith Spotted Eagle.

An unexpected contender.

That was probably the Injun elector who earlier said he would not cast his EV for Hillary.