News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hive: The Malthus Bug Thread

Started by Malthus, April 12, 2013, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Sure, you would lose Disneyland, but you would also lose rednecks, swamps, and old people.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 25, 2013, 10:07:11 AM
Sure, you would lose Disneyland, but you would also lose rednecks, swamps, and old people.  :hmm:

Wrong. You'd just have Disneyland, you wouldn't have Disneyworld. Important distinction as the former is in a good state, the latter not so much.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on June 25, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 25, 2013, 10:07:11 AM

Wrong. You'd just have Disneyland, you wouldn't have Disneyworld. Important distinction as the former is in a good state, the latter not so much.

My mistake.   :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Siege

So, are wasps good for anything?
what would happen if we were to kill them all?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Siege on June 25, 2013, 10:23:32 AM
So, are wasps good for anything?
what would happen if we were to kill them all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasp

QuoteParasitic wasps are increasingly used in agricultural pest control as they prey mostly on pest insects and have little impact on crops.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Dam, I was hoping to ethnic cleanse some WASPs.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

In the category "wierd parasites", meet ... the tongue zombie.

http://beestingbrose.blogspot.ca/2010/01/cymothoa-exigua-tongue-zombie.html

How do they breed? Oral sex!  :D

Syt

I think they talked about that parasite on QI once
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Yellow Jackets exterminated? Good. Bastards can die screaming to hell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 25, 2013, 01:36:38 PM
Yellow Jackets exterminated? Good. Bastards can die screaming to hell.

Do you mean these yellow jackets:

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son