News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hive: The Malthus Bug Thread

Started by Malthus, April 12, 2013, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 22, 2019, 08:06:48 AM
Now, that's some high level white privilege.

I'll gladly give that privilege to others.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Why would a person want a botfly?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

There's a charming new fellow visiting Vancouver!
https://globalnews.ca/video/5271365/giant-japanese-hornet-discovered-in-vancouver

The asian giant hornet has been spotted in a Vancouver home.

Malthus will have to rethink his summer vacation.  A visit to Vancouver seems in order now, to investigage the matter! :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on May 15, 2019, 06:29:18 PM
https://globalnews.ca/video/5271365/giant-japanese-hornet-discovered-in-vancouver

Malthus will have to rethink his summer vacation.  A visit to Vancouver seems in order now, to investigage the matter! :D

I think I'll stay safely far away from that thing.  :lol:

One oddity - why does this woman keep the bug under a glass in her house? I mean, she's been in touch with the university - why not have them take it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on May 16, 2019, 07:37:29 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 15, 2019, 06:29:18 PM

I think I'll stay safely far away from that thing.  :lol:

One oddity - why does this woman keep the bug under a glass in her house? I mean, she's been in touch with the university - why not have them take it.

They aren't.  Since contacting the university, they followed the university's guidance and froze it to death so as to preserve the specimen until they can deliver it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

The Giant House Spiders which are fucking freakishly huge have their mating season between August and October and the males are roaming around looking for females. They are fucking quick and disgustingly brown and can be ljke up to 14 cms big which is about 28 times more than I can handle íja spider without the urge to kill it.

I have already seen and killed 4 of these fuckers over my 7 years in this country. I know that it is only a matter of time beofe my mex encounter with them, but that's something I will just have to learn to live with.

Valmy

Usually you want to let spiders be because they eat insects :hmm:

But I guess if they are giant sex spiders things might change :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tamas on August 31, 2020, 01:04:53 PM
The Giant House Spiders which are fucking freakishly huge have their mating season between August and October and the males are roaming around looking for females. They are fucking quick and disgustingly brown and can be ljke up to 14 cms big which is about 28 times more than I can handle íja spider without the urge to kill it.

I have already seen and killed 4 of these fuckers over my 7 years in this country. I know that it is only a matter of time beofe my mex encounter with them, but that's something I will just have to learn to live with.

Eventually you'll have a spider that will buy you dinner first.  :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tamas

:lol:

I live by simple rules. If a spider enters my lair, it is dead.

At our current flat, they also die if they set up shop at our windows. There are a LOT of effin' bloody spiders around here. There are plenty left even with me culling their numbers.

Tonitrus

I've actually managed to live in my place for nearly two years, and had never seen one of the legit GHSs.  Just lots of the daddy-long legs-looking frail spiders.

But saw the first one today after coming back from a run.  It was in the bedroom, so it broke "the deal"* and had to die.

*out in the kitchen/living room, I might have mercy and capture/release...but the bedrooms are their forbidden zone.

Tamas

Told ya it was time for these fuckers to run amok. They should be back to hiding in about a month or so. Disgusting SOBs.