News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Global Warming

Started by Josquius, November 16, 2022, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will happen to Earth's temperature over the coming decades?

It will stop rising within the 1.5 degree limit.
0 (0%)
It will stop rising within 2 degrees.
1 (8.3%)
It will stop rising within 3 degrees.
9 (75%)
It will stop rising within 5 degrees.
1 (8.3%)
Venus mark 2, here we come, burn baby burn
1 (8.3%)
Global warming is all a hoax and we are in a natural hot sun-magic cycle and it will go away naturally and then the rapture will come something something
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Josquius

Just a little poll outgrowth of current environmental discussions.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

I don't know enough to have a meaningful opinion.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on November 16, 2022, 07:36:00 AMI don't know enough to have a meaningful opinion.

Neither do I, but I understand emissions in 2021 were an all time high. Other than a natural process containing temperature increases vs. the total amount of greenhouse gases emitted, I don't see much indication we are going to stop anything in the near to medium term.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Brain on November 16, 2022, 07:36:00 AMI don't know enough to have a meaningful opinion.
Yeah and obviously it's very uncertain and depends on timescale. But this is from the Climate Action Tracker which I find a little helpful:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

A write-in vote for me, which would be:

'the large majority of people in the developed world don't care at all or do, but don't want to think about it; folowing on from which they don't want to do anything meaningful to curtail it or see their government exact genuine sustainable policies it that noticeable affects their lifestyles.'

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

As my signature states: If we want to prevent catastrophic economic and societal change we will have to radically change our climate system.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 16, 2022, 09:16:38 AMYeah and obviously it's very uncertain and depends on timescale. But this is from the Climate Action Tracker which I find a little helpful:

Nice to know we at least aren't on pace for the red zone....well mostly anyway. There is that upper limit  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."