News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hive: The Malthus Bug Thread

Started by Malthus, April 12, 2013, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I'm thinking of consolidating all my posts concerning bugs into one thread, entitled The Hive ...  Speaking of which, let's start out with this from Spain.

No trace of the owner of the house has been found ...  :hmm:

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/22603/seven-metre-wasp-nest-found-in-abandoned-house

QuotePOLICE in San Sebastián de la Gomera have cordoned off an abandoned house after finding a seven-metre-long wasp nest.
Officers were called out by worried neighbours of the empty home in the island's capital and say the nest was in an indoor hallway and contained literally millions of wasps.

Experts have examined the nest, which is said to be 21'9" in length, and say the common type of wasp found in gardens would never normally build a nest of this size.

They believe it must be an invasive species of wasp which had migrated from Africa.

The Canary Islands are less than 100 kilometres from Morocco by water.

Authorities have been unable to trace the owner of the house.

Check out the pic in the link!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Have they looked.... IN THE NEST!?

*duh-duh-duuuuuuuuuuh*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

If I was the cop who did the initial investigation - opening the door to find *that* - I'd still be running.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Anyway, this could never happen in America. The local HOA would not allow it.

Though come to think of it, most HOAs are controlled by WASPs ...  :ph34r:

Grey Fox

It wouldn't happen in most of America because, well, winter sucks for wasps.

;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 12, 2013, 07:28:21 PM
Giant bat hunting centipede

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UROVfmY3NTA

Quote from: LukeCrux

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

AGREED.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I think I'll have nightmares for the next few weeks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

This is by far my favourite thread of the various someone's cats/kids/shitty politics threads.

Malthus's bugs > Barrister's kids. :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on April 14, 2013, 12:22:44 AM

I think I'll have nightmares for the next few weeks.
Unless that was your garage I don't see why.

Though one wonders how a tarantula came in contact with a black widow's web. One has to suspect human agency.

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on April 14, 2013, 01:59:34 AM

Malthus's bugs > Barrister's kids. :P

Maybe in the Carboniferous, but not these days.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2013, 10:01:12 AM

*duh-duh-duuuuuuuuuuh*
Superhero origin fail?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 14, 2013, 05:58:57 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2013, 10:01:12 AM

*duh-duh-duuuuuuuuuuh*
Superhero origin fail?
The owner is "missing". How do you know it wasn't a success? :ph34r:

On the other hand, why do you think he's a hero?  :menace:

1 Karma Chameleon point