Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 26, 2013, 01:41:02 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2013, 01:40:04 AM
I'm thinking of the part where it could accidently provoke the Russians into launching myself.

Why would the Russians launch you?

Hopefully into a wall.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2013, 12:35:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2013, 11:06:28 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 25, 2013, 11:02:21 PM
The female rapper in question has no way to scare the pentagon into doing anything.

That's what would have made it a great thread. I shouldn't have been so naive about your talents...
His full name didn't fit, so I thought using her stage name as a stand in would be amusing. It's not that complicated.

Like your thought process in general.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Apparently the latest Lil Kim news is that she is angry about photoshopped pics.  "Real" her on the left and the photoshopping on the right.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I think the ABM system is a giant waste, for the most part.

But that article is so badly written, and so full of logical fallacies that I am thinking about becoming a supporter.

The basic argument is that we should not try to shoot down a fucking nuclear missile fired at the US, because it would take 5 missiles to shoot down 1, and 5:1 is a crappy exchange rate?

Or that we should not try to shoot down a nuclear armed ICBM fired at the US because if we do, surely the Russians, being drunk and all, will immediately launch a massive counter strike against the US? Gosh, couldn't we just, I don't know, call the fucking Russians on the phone and let them know?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

You know America's mistake was to label North Korea as part of the 'Axis of Evil'.
To get their hopes up for an aggressive war and then dash them, by cruelling ignoring the regimes confrontational rhetoric is driving the North Koreans mad.    :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2013, 11:42:17 AM

But that article is so badly written, and so full of logical fallacies that I am thinking about becoming a supporter.

The basic argument is that we should not try to shoot down a fucking nuclear missile fired at the US, because it would take 5 missiles to shoot down 1, and 5:1 is a crappy exchange rate?

Or that we should not try to shoot down a nuclear armed ICBM fired at the US because if we do, surely the Russians, being drunk and all, will immediately launch a massive counter strike against the US? Gosh, couldn't we just, I don't know, call the fucking Russians on the phone and let them know?
Hasn't that been one of the main crticism of ABM systems since the beginning, that any aggressor state could simply build more missiles faster than we could build interceptors? If their reliability is so poor we need five interceptors to shoot down one missile, then it would seem that is a valid concern.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

I was watching some footage of NK aircraft taking off.  They use such a pretty shade of green.  Much nicer than the traditional Soviet green.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 26, 2013, 06:32:03 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2013, 11:42:17 AM

Hasn't that been one of the main crticism of ABM systems since the beginning, that any aggressor state could simply build more missiles faster than we could build interceptors? If their reliability is so poor we need five interceptors to shoot down one missile, then it would seem that is a valid concern.

Only if we cannot afford to build interceptors at a faster rate than they can build ICBMs.

0 rows returned

garbon

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
I don't think we could outspend North Korea.

Yeah, that is a losing proposition.

Of course, if they just have to build cardboard ICBMs, while we have to build real interceptors, THAT could be a problem...

0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on March 26, 2013, 07:50:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
I don't think we could outspend North Korea.

Yeah, that is a losing proposition.

Of course, if they just have to build cardboard ICBMs, while we have to build real interceptors, THAT could be a problem...

America could build cardboard interceptors.... And then lie about them.   :smarty:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"