News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Torment: Tides of Numenara

Started by Syt, March 06, 2013, 10:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

This thing is entering its last days if any of you are interested and haven't pledged yet.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Over 4 million, including the Payal pledges.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Yeah that was the goal we really needed for this thing to be a worthy successor.  That crazy underwater desert city was a nice bonus as well.  The pledges are just shooting up today though.  We may hit another one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

So with Paypal pledges, they raked in $4.3M and are now the most funded games project ever on Kickstarter. They've already hinted that with the expansion of the project through stretch goals they will probably take longer than the December 2014 target date.

They say writing for Wasteland 2 is finished, and coding can begin; the writers will now turn to Numenera.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

This game is going to be released: TODAY!

Enjoy everybody.

Syt

Reviews so far seem very positive, warning that this is less of a combat RPG and more about choice.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on February 28, 2017, 02:28:40 PM
Reviews so far seem very positive, warning that this is less of a combat RPG and more about choice.

Indeed which is exactly what I would want from a Torment game.

Scipio

Enjoyed the first 30 minutes or so. Much more immersive than Pillows of Mediocrity.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Arvoreen

I managed to kill myself before I even got really started!  My first start ended in my death before I even saw anything :)

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2017, 02:30:38 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 28, 2017, 02:28:40 PM

Indeed which is exactly what I would want from a Torment game.

I have a concern that one choice might be distinctly better than the others, based on the teaser gameplay.  You can't really tell that in advance, though.

Saw the same thing in fallout 2.  You didn't really get to see the best stuff until the guides came out and told you the right sequences and choices.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Solmyr

Caliga

Is this game good.

It's on sale on Steam now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I have it and keep meaning to play it at some point  :blush:

I have been busy ok?

Caliga

Is this game good.

It's on sale again.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points