News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I've decided that the next time I tire of WoW, I'm going to try Eve.  Enough people on Languish have a giant boner for it that it's got to be a decent game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2009, 09:44:37 AM
I've decided that the next time I tire of WoW, I'm going to try Eve.  Enough people on Languish have a giant boner for it that it's got to be a decent game.

Good luck with it, i just couldn't get into it at all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2009, 09:44:37 AM

It'll crush you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I like really overcomplicated stuff, though.  Favorite consim: The Pacific War by Victory Games.

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2009, 10:22:49 AM
I like really overcomplicated stuff, though.  Favorite consim: The Pacific War by Victory Games.

There's overcomplicated, and then there's boring.  EVE manages to be both.
and the horse you rode in on

Caliga

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2009, 10:52:23 AM
Oh. :(

No, I'm sure someone will be along to tell you how exciting higher level skill training is!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 24, 2009, 10:47:54 AM
Quote from: Caliga on March 24, 2009, 10:22:49 AM

There's overcomplicated, and then there's boring.  EVE manages to be both.

Meh, it just takes time to reap the benefits.  Like, oh, 6 to 9 months.  ZOMG NO POWERLVLING

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 05:51:39 PM
Meh, it just takes time to reap the benefits.  Like, oh, 6 to 9 months.  ZOMG NO POWERLVLING

No game should take as long to enjoy as it takes a fetus to gestate.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 24, 2009, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 05:51:39 PM

No game should take as long to enjoy as it takes a fetus to gestate.

Leave your filthy anti-choice politics out of this.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 24, 2009, 05:55:57 PM
Leave your filthy anti-choice politics out of this.

I said fetus! Fetus!

Neil

EVE is a MMORPG.  Of course it's boring, and morally wrong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Just slaughtered 9,000 Aedui in modern day Provence in Europa Barbarorum Alexander as the Romans with a Polybian army.  Massive slaughter, managed to envelope two Celtic armies but was so fucking outnumbered on the last one that I ended up hiding a portion of my army in the forest until they came up, mostly so they could regain some stamina.  Fucking epic. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."