News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on May 17, 2018, 03:39:49 AM
Picked up Panzer Corps from Humblebundle. Having a total blast with it after also buying the "Grand Campaign" DLCs which greatly increase the granularity of the campaign. I.e., I just fought seven scenarios in Poland and three in Norway before even getting to Belgium/France.

The game is essentially a Panzer General clone but very polished at that.

Yeah, I enjoyed it.  I got about halfway through 1941 in the Grand Campaign before the endless samey battles in Russia got to me.  Hmm, rather realistic.

BuddhaRhubarb

occasional at the moment tabletop rpgs like Call of Cthulhu, Mutants and masterminds, and the occasional few hours of fallout new vegas because all i got is a ps3 really for gaming. really need a windfall to get a ps4 and move up a notch on cool games, really though just fallout 4 is all i am interested in, or something very similar. #sandbox4Life
:p

Josquius

I just bought Persona 5.
I'm telling myself I should finish FF13 first.
But...
PERSONA!

Is it just me or do PS3 games not have manuals now? Since when?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2018, 05:47:45 PM
I've been playing Hearts of Iron 4.  There is an option to go democratic as Germany.  It fun playing the good guy Germans.  I typically play with historical choices off for the AI because you get such unexpected result.  France went Fascist and Declared war on Germany.  In 1940 Belgium, Luxumbourg and the Netherlands joined Germany in an alliance and overran France.  Unfortunately some time in 1941 Britain decided to declare war on Belgium (Which now occupied all of France).  So Democratic Britain was at War with Democratic Germany.  That got tedious.

Who was the Generalissimo of l'État français in this scenario? I mean part of the problem with 1930s France is they had no charismatic leaders :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2018, 07:26:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 13, 2018, 05:47:45 PM
I've been playing Hearts of Iron 4.  There is an option to go democratic as Germany.  It fun playing the good guy Germans.  I typically play with historical choices off for the AI because you get such unexpected result.  France went Fascist and Declared war on Germany.  In 1940 Belgium, Luxumbourg and the Netherlands joined Germany in an alliance and overran France.  Unfortunately some time in 1941 Britain decided to declare war on Belgium (Which now occupied all of France).  So Democratic Britain was at War with Democratic Germany.  That got tedious.

Who was the Generalissimo of l'État français in this scenario? I mean part of the problem with 1930s France is they had no charismatic leaders :P

I honestly don't remember.  Petain I think.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I bought fifa 17 :lol:

Been keeping an eye on it for a while, waiting for it to drop to a sufficiently pocket change price as it inevitably would. I've heard the career mode is fun. Here it goes.

Wonder how long before ea swith to a full saas model :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Soon.

Origin Access premium is coming this fall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 19, 2018, 11:27:16 AM
Soon.

Origin Access premium is coming this fall.

Is that going to have the new Madden game? and how much will it be per month?

Grey Fox

It should. 15/month or 100/year.

Tamas

Grey Fox

KRonn

I've been playing a lot of HOI4 lately, trying the Japanese which I've never played before. Interesting going and long, tough slog through China.

Josquius

I could never learn how to play that game :blush:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I like Field of Glory II a lot. It's a nice beer & pretzels level wargame that with expansions covers 550 BC to 476 AD. Not a big fan of the campaigns (stringed together series of battles), but it's the perfect "I want to move ancient units in battle for an hour" game.

I wish it had Pike & Shot Campaigns and Sengoku Jidai style campaign maps, but I understand that to cover the entire time period might be hard.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Anyone ever played the a-train games?
I really want to...but the learning curve is high.
██████
██████
██████