6 (10.5%)
Jonathan Archer/T'Pol
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2013, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 01:33:00 PM
That's right.  Yeah, he was cool.

Bitch walking around the bridge showing her ass like it's Ten Forward.

Which makes the episode with Michelle Forbes as Bajoran Ensign Ro so unintentionally funny. Riker chews Ro out for wearing her Bajoran earring (non-regulation clothing), but during a briefing Troi sits there in her leotard.

Yeah, but Riker had a thing for Troi. He wasn't going to chew her out. Besides, she could sense his hostility.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tonitrus

Maybe I am weird, but I thought Troi has HOTTer in the blue uniform.  :blush:

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 11, 2013, 06:00:20 PM
There's nothing wrong with a woman who wants to look more professional and less like she's going to the gym.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Agelastus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 11, 2013, 06:00:20 PM

The proper Starfleet uniform she wore in later seasons showed her bosom off to much greater effect than the earlier flowing robe things did.

I don't recall disliking this costume change. :blush:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Grinning_Colossus

Mandated by Commodore Jellicoe, the same guy who fubared the Battle of Jutland, iirc
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Marina Sirtis used to do voiceover work for Gargoyles.  Took me a while to figure out why I kept getting erections watching it.  Figured it was the wings at first. :unsure:

Neil

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on January 13, 2013, 06:42:08 PM
Mandated by Commodore Jellicoe, the same guy who fubared the Battle of Jutland, iirc
:huh:

You're the worst.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jaron

She got raped and avenged by none other than Mr. Charles Bronson himself in Death Wish 3.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ideologue

Quote from: dps on January 10, 2013, 08:28:05 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2013, 06:44:39 PM
Hated Pulaski. Yeah, some of it was that she wasn't hot like Crusher....no, all of it was. And the way she said Data. Come on, if you were gonna have a physical, whom would you pick to check your gonads?

Seriously, as a character? I don't even remember anything about her.

Pulaski was, essentially, an attempt by TNG to have a female version of McCoy aboard.  The biggest difference between the two, other than the gender, was that while McCoy's occasional anti-Vulcan commments usually came off mostly as friendly needling of Spock, Pulaski's comments to Date pretty much came off as mean-spirited and bigoted.

Indeed.  The thing is, they really misunderstood the dynamic and therefore completely fucked it up when they tried to replicate it.  With McCoy and Spock, they were both huge racists, except Spock was a little more circumspect about it and expounded his bigotry with less obvious animosity but a clear sense of humor.  Thus you got the idea that they were kind of having fun with the idea of hating each others' peoples, and probably not even 100% serious, and even if they sometimes took it too far, they were both dishing it out as well as taking it.

Whereas that didn't work at all with Data, because he just sat there and took it, with true dispassion; this made Pulaski nothing more than a bully and a cunt.  And her presence was made even less desirable because the rest of the cast just humored her (ugly, wholly unfounded and demonstrably untrue) beliefs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

What about the blonde chick who got killed by that tarbaby like alien?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 01:33:00 PM
That's right.  Yeah, he was cool.

Bitch walking around the bridge showing her ass like it's Ten Forward.

Jellico. :wub:

Back when Starship Creator was a thing, he was always my first pick for Captain when I was setting up the crew roster.  Also had a lot of luck with other military captains (Ericka Benteen, bitch that nearly took out the Defiant with the Lakota).

And that would be Tasha Yar you're thinking of, Jaron.  Awesome write-off for the effect on Data, but terrible once they introduced her half-Romulan daughter, Sela. :bleeding:
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Yeah, the whole Tasha Yar character rubbed me the wrong way almost immediately.  But Denise Crosby usually plays evil bitches, so maybe that was it.

It was cool that Data fucked the holy shit out of her, though.  You know she had orgasms where no orgasms had gone before.

Josephus

Quote from: Jaron on January 13, 2013, 11:17:11 PM
What about the blonde chick who got killed by that tarbaby like alien?

Yeah, she was pretty hawt. Data proved he was completely functional.
Civis Romanus Sum

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive