January 12, 1943 - RIP 2nd Hungarian Army

Started by Tamas, January 11, 2013, 10:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on January 11, 2013, 01:16:57 PM
Good riddance. Anyone who sides with the nazis deserves to die.
Poland is still paying off their karma for having sided with the Nazis.

That said, the destruction of Hungary was deserved not because of siding with the Nazis, but rather because of their destruction of the Austrian Empire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2013, 01:33:03 PM
This thread gone to the shitters fast. Classy, people.

I dunno, man...I mean, yeah, it's a tragedy that so many Axis Minors got the shit end of the stick on the Eastern Front, and it was a horrific experience for many reasons, but for a lot of posters here, they were the bad guys.

IMMAJUSSAYIN

CountDeMoney

And besides, they usually had black-on-gray counters anyhow.  Bad guys.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on January 11, 2013, 01:16:57 PM
Good riddance. Anyone who sides with the nazis deserves to die.

Did you really expect anything else?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 05:59:55 PM
And besides, they usually had black-on-gray counters anyhow.  Bad guys.
The Hungarians?  That's fucked up.  Black or white on green makes more sense.  Black on grey should be Wehrmacht.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 05:57:42 PM

I dunno, man...I mean, yeah, it's a tragedy that so many Axis Minors got the shit end of the stick on the Eastern Front, and it was a horrific experience for many reasons, but for a lot of posters here, they were the bad guys.

IMMAJUSSAYIN

That's the cool thing about being Canadian.  We just might be the only country in the world who has never, ever been on the side of the "bad guys" in a war.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: sbr on January 11, 2013, 06:28:17 PM
:yeahright:  1812?

Two possible answers:

1. It was an American war of agression which we successfully defended.

2. Confederation and nationhood only happened in 1867.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Go with #2 if you know what's good for ya. My anti-Brit blood is gettin' angried. Not to Ed levels yet but growing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on January 11, 2013, 03:36:27 PM
I, for one, appreciate the Hungarians' attempts to kill as many Russians as possible.

I've always suspect that American conservatives sympathized with the Nazis.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2013, 06:24:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 11, 2013, 05:57:42 PM

IMMAJUSSAYIN

That's the cool thing about being Canadian.  We just might be the only country in the world who has never, ever been on the side of the "bad guys" in a war.   :)

Yeah, but your country is only 30 years old.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 11, 2013, 06:56:13 PM
Go with #2 if you know what's good for ya. My anti-Brit blood is gettin' angried. Not to Ed levels yet but growing.
Meh.  You guys were the Nazis.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2013, 06:38:25 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 11, 2013, 06:28:17 PM
:yeahright:  1812?

Two possible answers:

1. It was an American war of agression which we successfully defended.

2. Confederation and nationhood only happened in 1867.
If you guys weren't impressing American sailors so much that they decided to join your side, there would be no war.

Razgovory

They weren't doing it.  Canada was still groaning under the British Yoke.  It's like blaming Algeria for the Crimean War.