News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help with gmail

Started by Admiral Yi, November 27, 2012, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

So I set up a gmail account, and got a confirmation back from a couple places that I had reset my email address on their sites.  So apparently it is working.

But the one lady at work I sent an email too about the change (twice) has not received it.  Is there some trick to sending messages in gmail?  This whole browser based email thing is stumping me.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2012, 08:45:53 PM
So I set up a gmail account, and got a confirmation back from a couple places that I had reset my email address on their sites.  So apparently it is working.

But the one lady at work I sent an email too about the change (twice) has not received it.  Is there some trick to sending messages in gmail?  This whole browser based email thing is stumping me.
Have her check the spam folder.

derspiess

Check your sent mail.  If your email is in there, gmail sent it.  What happened when it hit her email server, who knows.  But DG's guess is probably the most likely.

edit: if it's not in your sent mail, check your drafts.  Gmail is really just like any other email system once you get accustomed to the interface, particularly the buttons.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

This time I got a reply.

Don't know why it didn't work the first time.  :hmm: