News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Potsdamer Platz is a key place to catch pokemon. I've been walking around the street festival here and just about every 20 and 30 something is playing. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

A pair of odd vehicles at Pride. Well one is just offensive.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Yeah, 30 euros for a Lada is outrageous.

Zanza

Spent a weekend near the Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain at 2962 meters. It borders Austria and we went up from the Austrian side as the route from the German side is a bit harder. We went up from Ehrwald to the Wiener Neustädter hut. Had a brief thunderstorm on the way up, which is a bit nerve-racking at 2000m. Reached the hut though and spent a fun evening there. The next morning we went to the Via Ferrata "Stopelzieher" (about 500m up, difficulty A/B) to the summit. Took the long way down via Knorr hut and Gatterl. Saw lots of trail runners going the other way for a race. Really crazy sport.

View from the Wiener Neustädter hut over the Eibsee lake.

A chamois near the hut.

Going up the Via Ferrata.

The rests of the Zugspitz glacier.

View down the Reintal valley.

This morning we raced down a mountain with trikes. They go up to 60kph fast. Was hilarious.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2016, 05:48:06 AM
A pair of odd vehicles at Pride. Well one is just offensive.

Queens decided they weren't going to put up with the offensive one.

Zanza

The AfD pretending to care about gays is silly. These are the same people that were against gay rights not too long ago. They just hate muslims even more than gays.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on July 24, 2016, 11:53:55 AM
The AfD pretending to care about gays is silly. These are the same people that were against gay rights not too long ago. They just hate muslims even more than gays.
Marty'll buy it :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Yeah, I think that's one of the particularly offensive parts of it. They don't really give a shit about gays but want us to join the hate bandwagon.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2016, 12:03:37 PM

Yeah, I think that's one of the particularly offensive parts of it. They don't really give a shit about gays but want us to join the hate bandwagon.
I'm not even sure they actually even want us to join. We're just a weapon for them to use against Muslims.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Maladict

Very cool Zanza  :cool:

Wish I could do stuff like that. I like climbing but I have serious issues with descents.  :(

alfred russel

Zanza, cool pics. Is that the mountain that has a lift going to the top?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

It has three different cable cars (one from Germany, one from Austria and one from the German ski area below) going to the summit. The summit is covered by a massive building actually, very ugly, extremely touristy.

Which would make it the perfect mountain for someone like Maladict who likes to go up, but not down. You can just climb the mountain and take the cable car back to the valley.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on July 25, 2016, 01:26:04 AM

Which would make it the perfect mountain for someone like Maladict who likes to go up, but not down. You can just climb the mountain and take the cable car back to the valley.

Indeed  :thumbsup:

Richard Hakluyt

My lungs are doing better than my knees as well  :P