And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on June 19, 2016, 05:05:22 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 19, 2016, 05:03:23 PM
Went up to Town today to do some museums: National Gallery, British Museum, British Library, Welcome, Science, Natural History and V&A, probably walked about 13-14 miles, so would have turned into a bit of Languish Death March if any Languishites had been invited.  :D

London is definitely on high alert, bag searches everywhere, and armed police deployed seemed ready to fire if you see what I mean.

You did all that in one day?  :wacko:

Yeah, suffering from museum overload, about 8-9 hours worth.  :wacko:

It was in part researching a work project.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on June 19, 2016, 05:09:20 PM

It was in part researching a work project.

Oh right, then it makes more sense  :)

garbon

Made it out to the 'affordable' art fair this weekend that was taking place in Hampstead. If only I had a spare £2k lying about for artwork. :(

Took a walk along a bit of the heath and decided that this is the kind of wilderness that I like. Carefully constructed and just moments away from the bustle of the city. ^_^

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Popped out to the beach earlier this evening, as expected traditional British summer weather.  :bowler:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: mongers on June 30, 2016, 09:30:33 PM
Popped out to the beach earlier this evening, as expected traditional British summer weather.  :bowler:

Isn't it great? No need for that ghastly suncream and less ugly flesh on display   :yeah:

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 01, 2016, 02:05:58 AM
Quote from: mongers on June 30, 2016, 09:30:33 PM

Isn't it great? No need for that ghastly suncream and less ugly flesh on display   :yeah:

:D

I've been taking around a sun hat with me this June, utterly pointless.  :(

mongers

A bike ride out to Stonehenge this evening, very nice weather.

Malthus

When I was there last, there was a bunch of new age "Druids" prancing around the stones. The cops let them inside the fence, we mere tourists had to stay outside. 

The archaeologist in me was outraged - they should be pretending to be 'Windmill Hill ' or 'Beaker' people, not goddam Druids.  :mad:  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on July 04, 2016, 01:54:35 PM
When I was there last, there was a bunch of new age "Druids" prancing around the stones. The cops let them inside the fence, we mere tourists had to stay outside. 

The archaeologist in me was outraged - they should be pretending to be 'Windmill Hill ' or 'Beaker' people, not goddam Druids.  :mad:  ;)

They're not there often, weirdly when we get a crowd of several tens of thousands of new-agers / party people at the solstice, there's typically only a handful at Avebury, as important an archaeological site and back in the day, as significant, if not more than Stonehenge. 

Zanza

Beautiful nature and something for the history geeks here!

Königssee:

Remains of Hitler's bunker below his Obersalzberg alpine retreat

:cheers:

Maladict

:cool:

Ok that's it, I'm opening a picture thread.

Liep

This "artist" has evolved a bit from only drawing penises. At any rate, his art is spreading wide across the railway and I thought I'd share.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

No shit. If they want to be Druids at least dance around an Oak Tree while performing a human sacrifice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 09:56:41 AM

No shit. If they want to be Druids at least dance around an Oak Tree while performing a human sacrifice.

:yes:

Find some Romans, burn them in wicker cages.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Richard Hakluyt

That'll teach them to come here and steal our beakers and cause a windmill shortage.