News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

It is like Oxford Street but grungy. Apparently on weekends to prevent overcrowding, you can't get on the tube there - only off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2016, 02:18:13 PM
It is like Oxford Street but grungy. Apparently on weekends to prevent overcrowding, you can't get on the tube there - only off.

I knew that, but it's not the sort of place I visit.

Talking of which, I'm in town the Sunday after next, to do a few museums; languish meet up?  :whistle:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2016, 09:38:09 AM
Camden Town truly is a miserable place, no?
It's great if you're a teenager in a provincial town just outside London. Otherwise it's awful.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: mongers on June 05, 2016, 02:20:58 PM
Talking of which, I'm in town the Sunday after next, to do a few museums; languish meet up?  :whistle:

I'll be around but you know with the rest of them it is like herding cats. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I've disliked Camden Town for over 30 years, but kept quiet about it and simply never returned after a couple of tedious visits. It is immensely heartening to find that other people think it is shit as well  :cool:

garbon

I don't understand the point for adults. Same shops but in shit surroundings. Hardly alternative.

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 05, 2016, 04:13:30 PM
I've disliked Camden Town for over 30 years, but kept quiet about it and simply never returned after a couple of tedious visits. It is immensely heartening to find that other people think it is shit as well  :cool:

:D

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Very good. Where are ye?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

That is here in Anchorage. At place called point woronzof. The mountain is Susitna, but known to locals as "Sleeping Lady" 
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 12, 2016, 05:44:22 AM
Very good. Where are ye?

We really should have a photography thread and have people contributing to it.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on June 12, 2016, 07:17:28 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 12, 2016, 05:44:22 AM
Very good. Where are ye?

We really should have a photography thread and have people contributing to it.

Maybe better if only animals could contribute?

MadImmortalMan

Salt Lake is a beautiful town, but I haven't had a chance to take any pics. We were going to go drive up to Park City yesterday, but I wasn't in the mood. I didn't realize just how much money the Mormon church has. Their properties here are opulent.

I didn't take this one.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Went up to Town today to do some museums: National Gallery, British Museum, British Library, Welcome, Science, Natural History and V&A, probably walked about 13-14 miles, so would have turned into a bit of Languish Death March if any Languishites had been invited.  :D

London is definitely on high alert, bag searches everywhere, and armed police deployed seemed ready to fire if you see what I mean.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on June 19, 2016, 05:03:23 PM
Went up to Town today to do some museums: National Gallery, British Museum, British Library, Welcome, Science, Natural History and V&A, probably walked about 13-14 miles, so would have turned into a bit of Languish Death March if any Languishites had been invited.  :D

London is definitely on high alert, bag searches everywhere, and armed police deployed seemed ready to fire if you see what I mean.

You did all that in one day?  :wacko: