News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2016, 09:56:28 AM
Back from my trip. More than 2500 km and 28000 ascending meters through 9 countries. A fantastic experience.

I'm a bit tired now. Celebratory drinks tomorrow. Pictures and stories to follow.

Any reason for avoiding Hungary?  :P Quite a detour. ;)
Boring flat land of which there is plenty in Denmark?  :D

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 20, 2016, 10:37:36 AM
Any reason for avoiding Hungary?  :P Quite a detour. ;)
Boring flat land of which there is plenty in Denmark?  :D

That and I wanted to see Sarajevo and Ljubljana and I have already been in Budapest. But to be honest, after mountainous Bosnia, the Alps and the very hilly Czech Republic I've come to appreciate a flat road. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on May 20, 2016, 10:35:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2016, 10:26:39 AM
A few photos from roaming about the Italian countryside last week.

Nice! Spoleto, Carsulae, not sure about the castle. Assisi?

Yep, Assisi, view from Orvieto, Spoleto and Carsulae.  The latter was so weird as it told had the look of a place that was primed for tourists in say the 70s or 80s but then was abandoned. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2016, 09:56:28 AM
Back from my trip. More than 2500 km and 28000 ascending meters through 9 countries. A fantastic experience.

I'm a bit tired now. Celebratory drinks tomorrow. Pictures and stories to follow.
Epic stuff. Congratulations  :)

Zanza

@Garbon: Beautiful :) I really need to go to Italy some day. I've only ever been in Rome and South Tyrol... :(

Richard Hakluyt

That must have been a fantastic ride Liep, I confess to envy, looking forward to your pics and stories  :cool:

AnchorClanker

Can't do a map at this time, or more probably EVER, but let us just say that the British Indian Ocean Territories is quite a place.  It's the most bizarre mix of Americans, Brits, and Filipinos that I have ever seen.  Needless to say, the food and drink are well-priced and fantastic.  Especially when you have been underwater for 82 days and the fresh fruit and veg ran out during week two... you get the drift.  BIOT rocks.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

mongers

This evening's bike trip was in no way epic, but delivering a colony of earthworms to a friends* must be one of the odder reason for going on a ride.

* his garden soil is rather poor, whereas here I only have to put down a plastic waste bag on the some concrete, to find the next morning a few earthworks have made a home underneath it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

First thing seen upon crossing into Wales - sheep! :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2016, 05:27:27 AM
First thing seen upon crossing into Wales - sheep! :cool:

:wub:

2nd thing you'll find, but I warn you, you may not like this - generally the Welsh are very friendly people.  :P

garbon

Lord, grant me the strength.

garbon

Walked around the entirety of Cardiff Bay earmy this afternoon. It is way smaller than it looks like on maps. :D

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 30, 2016, 05:13:59 PM
Walked around the entirety of Cardiff Bay earmy this afternoon. It is way smaller than it looks like on maps. :D

If you've time, check out the National Museum near the castle.

garbon

Camden Town truly is a miserable place, no?

mongers

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2016, 09:38:09 AM
Camden Town truly is a miserable place, no?

Hard to say, I've driven through it a few times and it never struck me as a special London place.