News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

The chestnuts are gorgeous.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Someone just dumped a bathtub in the middle of the road?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on May 16, 2016, 09:55:40 AM

If it were paved, it could be a street scene in Baltimore.

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on May 16, 2016, 09:55:40 AM

I think it was a hot tub, big enough and it was on an ancient by-way/hollow way, but because it was within a 200 yards of a main road, some **** just dumped their refuse in the countryside.  :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Nice pictures mongers, apart from the last one  :(

Some more from my walks. Lots of storks about, but I didn't get a good shot.

Maladict

And I got a chance to see a dolmen I hadn't visited before.  :cool:

Eddie Teach

See, man and dinosaurs lived together, what more proof do you need?  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

My sister bought me a dash-cam for Xmas, but I only recently started using it;  that way, they'll have actual video evidence of the Vietnamese nail technician in the luxury SUV I know is out there that will eventually kill me. 

I may have to post some of the Greatest Hits of Baltimore/DC Commuting it all its beauty.  :lol:

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on May 16, 2016, 11:50:38 AM
Nice pictures mongers, apart from the last one  :(

Some more from my walks. Lots of storks about, but I didn't get a good shot.

Nice reminds me of the heathland over in Dorset.  :)

Good idea of yours going for walks in the evening, maybe I should take a camera and do that. No storks here unfortunately, though I've heard climate change is bringing their range further this way.

Maladict

That was early morning actually. It hurt.

But yeah, evening walks are definitely possible, there's decent light until 9. :cool:

Liep

Back from my trip. More than 2500 km and 28000 ascending meters through 9 countries. A fantastic experience.

I'm a bit tired now. Celebratory drinks tomorrow. Pictures and stories to follow.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2016, 09:56:28 AM
Back from my trip. More than 2500 km and 28000 ascending meters through 9 countries. A fantastic experience.

I'm a bit tired now. Celebratory drinks tomorrow. Pictures and stories to follow.

:cool:

Very nice looking adventure, looking forward to the photos and details :cheers:

garbon

A few photos from roaming about the Italian countryside last week.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2016, 09:56:28 AM

Oh wow. That looks awesome  :cool:

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on May 20, 2016, 10:26:39 AM
A few photos from roaming about the Italian countryside last week.

Nice! Spoleto, Carsulae, not sure about the castle. Assisi?