News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: PDH on March 25, 2016, 08:04:07 PM
Just got my mountain bike back from the shop - complete overhaul.  Now to start riding (after it gets above freezing).

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm only just brushing off the winters' cobwebs myself.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Cycled a bit in Jutland where 5-10 houses is a town and they have at least one church each.

The hilly country side of Jutland:

Old lignite mine:

Weather was very good on the 3rd day after the 2 first drowned in rain and wind:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Liep, nice photos.  :cool:

Looks like good riding conditions.

Norgy

Denmark is as flat as a Filipina.

In Norway people are born uphill.

mongers

Popped out late afternoon and did a 25mile loop up onto the Downs to check the byways, which are still pretty waterlogged so another few weeks before I can use them.

On the way up there, had to stop as five fallow deer stags ran out in front of me, one of which was a white hart, never seen one of those in broad daylight, usually at dusk or night-time  :cool:

mongers

Visited one of my favourite hill forts this evening, but I can't wait for the uplands to dry out so I can avoid the traffic and main roads in the valleys and more populated areas.  <_<

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on April 03, 2016, 05:12:59 PM
You just need some proper tyres. On One is having a sale ;)

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOFATX5STL/on-one-fatty-sram-x5-classic-fat-bike

:D

Damn those must weigh a ton, the ones I used on this bike are 650g each, but are 32mm, which is the maximum I can get on the frame and that's with the mudguards removed.

CountDeMoney

mongers

Norgy

https://www.haugastol.no/en/rallarvegen

Found a summer holiday for mongers and Liep. :)

I think you'd love it.

mongers

Quote from: Norgy on April 04, 2016, 01:37:55 AM

I think you'd love it.

Norgy, thanks for that, it looks wondrous. :cheers:

Liep

Quote from: mongers on April 04, 2016, 06:56:25 AM
Quote from: Norgy on April 04, 2016, 01:37:55 AM

I think you'd love it.

Norgy, thanks for that, it looks wondrous. :cheers:

Yes it does, Norway is wonderful but it's not bicycle friendly unless you're Froome or similar. :P

That route looks very nice though, start high end low is always fun.

Norgy

It's one usually taken by bike. You start in the high mountains.

So, it's less demanding than most routes here, and very scenic.

Liep

Norway is very scenic in general, if you disregard the travesty that is Oslo. :P

It's been a while since I've been to Norway, maybe I should try that in September. :hmm: