And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: mongers on February 06, 2016, 10:53:57 AM
Not going far this weekend in the blustery weather.  :(

Think I'll try and get out into the New Forest tomorrow, if there's a weather window.  :)

I'm planning my first mountain bike trip of the year tomorrow. Forecast says +5 degrees and cloudy with chance of rain later in the afternoon. Best I've seen yet!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2016, 11:18:10 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 06, 2016, 10:53:57 AM
Not going far this weekend in the blustery weather.  :(

Think I'll try and get out into the New Forest tomorrow, if there's a weather window.  :)

I'm planning my first mountain bike trip of the year tomorrow. Forecast says +5 degrees and cloudy with chance of rain later in the afternoon. Best I've seen yet!

Good luck with that. :cool:

I think here we've been a bit spoilt over the last couple of weeks with the mild weather.  :Embarrass:

I shall probably go out, if only to check the water levels in some of the forest fords.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Mountains stripe across the Great Basin. Flying east.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

Quote from: mongers on February 06, 2016, 11:24:06 AM

Good luck with that. :cool:

I managed to get myself out there and it was a really nice day. The track was quite muddy and it was tough going, but the weather was nice and the role players were out in droves to celebrate Shrovetide so there were knights and maidens and fire camps everywhere.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

MadImmortalMan

Crows watching the graves at Cormac's Chapel.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

I was hiking when several in our group noticed that several rocks looked like states. There was only one thing we could do at that point.

Probably not the best use of time, but God Bless America!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

No Alaska and Hawaii.  You fail at geography. :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on February 22, 2016, 12:03:25 AM
No Alaska and Hawaii.  You fail at geography. :weep:

That is a historic map of the us from 1950?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Admiral Yi

I don't see West Virginia. :nerd:

Eddie Teach

Check out the chasm around Arkansas. :o
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

mongers

Been out in the forest this evening, given it's Easter a fair few tourists were about, but as soon as I got off-road, I had the forest trail to myself. 

I need to spend more time exploring, given I've got a national park all but on my doorstep, well 1.5 miles away. BST start on Sunday, so I'll be able to have weekday evenings to myself in the forest or out on the Dorset and Wiltshire downlands.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Just got my mountain bike back from the shop - complete overhaul.  Now to start riding (after it gets above freezing).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM