News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on August 19, 2015, 05:41:33 PM
Been doing quite a bit of outdoor stuff/trips in recent months, but ironically came back to the area and had perhaps my perfect bike ride, nothing new, long or difficult, but all the elements came together nicely.

So I may give up bike riding after that  :P

Hey glad to see you're alive...I, for one, was thinking about you the other day!
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Mongers is back!!!  :hug:  :punk: :cheers:

Eddie Teach

Howdy Mongers. Don't be a stranger. :cheers:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Zanza

Booked a trip to cross the Tatra mountains between Slovakia and Poland in September.

One of the people in my group is named Adolf :hmm:

Valmy

A fine name. Clearly after one of Austria's most famous artists.

Adolf Loos. What a great architect. His little cement boxes will be treasured for centuries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Zanza on August 21, 2015, 12:13:03 PM
Booked a trip to cross the Tatra mountains between Slovakia and Poland in September.

:unsure:  Good luck....  ;)   

PDH

Going to climb to the top of a 12,000 foot mountain today.

...nor really as impressive as it sounds, I live at 7200 feet, the drive up the Snowy Range takes us to 10,000 feet and there is a nice trail the rest of the way.

Still, it makes me a mountain man.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 23, 2015, 09:54:32 AM
Going to climb to the top of a 12,000 foot mountain today.

...nor really as impressive as it sounds, I live at 7200 feet, the drive up the Snowy Range takes us to 10,000 feet and there is a nice trail the rest of the way.

Still, it makes me a mountain man.

:cool:

Good luck.

And it sound bloody impressive to someone who's is typing this at  just 28 ft above sea level.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

I survived.  The climb was tougher than I remembered, but doable.  Coming down I whacked my big toe on a rock, now half the nail is blue underneath, though not a lot of pain.  Hoping I don't loose it, those take a long time to regrow.  All in all about 12 miles round trip.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on August 23, 2015, 05:27:22 PM
I survived.  The climb was tougher than I remembered, but doable.  Coming down I whacked my big toe on a rock, now half the nail is blue underneath, though not a lot of pain.  Hoping I don't loose it, those take a long time to regrow.  All in all about 12 miles round trip.

You're a better man than I. :cheers:

Zanza

Quote from: Zanza on August 21, 2015, 12:13:03 PM

Adolf was a pretty cool Swiss guy in his 50s. Not sure how he got the name, but he went by a nickname the whole time.

Here are some pics I took:

mongers

Zanza, real nice photos.  :cool:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

What kind of camera you using Zanza? nice pics.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son