And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 12:39:38 PM
How could I become less tolerant? :unsure:

The intensity of your reactions could increase, and the scale of things that set them off could decrease, I suppose.

Eddie Teach

Seems wearing a backpack would be a good way to prevent strangers from brushing up against your ass.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

The latest public shaming crusade against "manspreading" is annoying as balls, though. 

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 12:23:39 PM
Parents here are always filming their kid giving that speech about the assassination of Lincoln, or performing in some play, or whatever.  In the old days this meant tons of bulky video cameras.

You can't really blame them. It makes for excellent blackmail material.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 12:53:38 PM
The latest public shaming crusade against "manspreading" is annoying as balls, though. 

I like all the theories about it being something more complicated than just being comfortable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

That's why I didn't include that image as there is a unique one for that too.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 12:51:01 PM
Seems wearing a backpack would be a good way to prevent strangers from brushing up against your ass.

It is really just a good way for an oblivious person to whack the poor individuals who happen to be near them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

They're invading his bubble.  :(

This is why I'm stuck driving.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2015, 01:08:59 PM
They're invading his bubble.  :(

You don't get your own personal domain for $2.50 a ride. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

I like all the theories about it being something more complicated than just being comfortable.

Yes, it has nothing to do with the amount of fleshy genitalia hanging between your legs, all jammed together and packed uncomfortably in layers of cloth, and everything about asserting your primal territorial dominance.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 01:28:01 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

Yes, it has nothing to do with the amount of fleshy genitalia hanging between your legs, all jammed together and packed uncomfortably in layers of cloth, and everything about asserting your primal territorial dominance.

I don't know about that. For the degree of leg spread that some people are doing, they must have testicles the size of grapefruits and should have that examined by a doctor.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 01:34:52 PM
I don't know about that. For the degree of leg spread that some people are doing, they must have testicles the size of grapefruits and should have that examined by a doctor.

Once you spread a little bit, gravity takes care of the rest. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2015, 04:16:38 AM
People taking pictures of stuff have always baffled me.

Now, don't get me wrong, I get people who take artistic photographs of stuff; or people who want to have a selfie (or have someone else take picture of them in front of something famous).

But if you are just taking picture of some work of art, monument or landmark that thousands of people before you took a picture of (in a way that is much more professional, crisp and nice) and all such pictures are available online, I'm baffled.

I'll take the pictures to help remember to look it up on online later.  :sleep:

Jacob

My theory is that looking at old pictures is way to spur memories.

Whether you're taking pictures of your food, of scenic things, of people, of things in art galleries, or whatever it's a way for you and your companions to remember what you did and how you felt when you look at those pictures. They also serve as a story telling aids, when you recall those events to other people (who hopefully care rather than being bored), but again this is due to them spurring your own memories.

At least that's how it seems to me.

The Brain

No one, not even you will remember if we had good food or bad, how we lunched or how we dined.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.