Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Somewhat interesting clouds, just after yesterday's sunset:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 08:20:36 AM
So you remember your trip to see whatever it is you are seeing?  Decades from now that will be more interesting than the thing itself. 

I should hope not. :mellow:

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 09:38:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 09:24:56 AM
And I have no idea why I should be incredibly annoyed by people take selfies.

Well for one, I wish we could go back to the days when taking a selfie was an embarrassing thing to do. In a gallery it is also incredibly annoying as it is like get the fuck out of the way. I don't need you standing in front of a painting so that you can document how you are a narcisstic tool knowing you'll compound that by putting it up on social media.

Well before then they would have their friend taking a picture of them standing in front of it.  This way seems to take up less space.

Both of those are awful

:yes:

Also, people taking pictures with tablets. :bleeding:

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on February 17, 2015, 11:26:27 AM
So you remember your trip to see whatever it is you are seeing?  Decades from now that will be more interesting than the thing itself. 

I should hope not. :mellow:

Well I am going through boxes of pictures that my ancestors took and even though I may like what Niagara Falls looked like in 1897, it is really about getting pictures of them because it kinda still looks the same.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Maladict on February 17, 2015, 11:38:21 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 09:38:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 09:24:56 AM
And I have no idea why I should be incredibly annoyed by people take selfies.

Well for one, I wish we could go back to the days when taking a selfie was an embarrassing thing to do. In a gallery it is also incredibly annoying as it is like get the fuck out of the way. I don't need you standing in front of a painting so that you can document how you are a narcisstic tool knowing you'll compound that by putting it up on social media.

Well before then they would have their friend taking a picture of them standing in front of it.  This way seems to take up less space.

Both of those are awful

:yes:

*blood boiling*
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

Well I am going through boxes of pictures that my ancestors took and even though I may like what Niagara Falls looked like in 1897, it is really about getting pictures of them because it kinda still looks the same.

Oh I don't have anything against pictures of people. And while I don't enjoy having my picture taken I know it's probably a good thing to have a few taken each year.
But I just don't see the point of posing in front of things. It's such a sad spectacle.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2015, 11:40:56 AM
*blood boiling*

Do you picture yourself become more or less tolerant of people's foibles as you grow older?

CountDeMoney

Apparently we haven't been to a elementary school choral recital/holiday pageant/graduation recently. 

Maladict

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2015, 11:58:21 AM

Apparently we haven't been to a elementary school choral recital/holiday pageant/graduation recently.

I don't think we have any of those things. But no, I haven't been inside an elementary school since 1991. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on February 17, 2015, 12:08:57 PM
I don't think we have any of those things. But no, I haven't been inside an elementary school since 1991. :)

At what events would parents in your country go to the elementary school?  Besides picking up and dropping of their kids of course  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on February 17, 2015, 11:57:26 AM
*blood boiling*

Do you picture yourself become more or less tolerant of people's foibles as you grow older?

:lol: That question sorta answers itself when it comes to Supercunt, doesn't it?

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 12:15:24 PM

At what events would parents in your country go to the elementary school?  Besides picking up and dropping of their kids of course  :P

Parent-teacher talks I guess, and maybe one or two events. I don't really recall anything specific. Maybe I should have taken pictures :D

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on February 17, 2015, 12:20:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2015, 12:15:24 PM

Parent-teacher talks I guess, and maybe one or two events. I don't really recall anything specific. Maybe I should have taken pictures :D

Parents here are always filming their kid giving that speech about the assassination of Lincoln, or performing in some play, or whatever.  In the old days this meant tons of bulky video cameras.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on February 17, 2015, 11:57:26 AM
*blood boiling*

How could I become less tolerant? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

On a somewhat related note, I feel like these new subway ads were created to help people like me.