Not much chance of finding someplace deserted in this country. :(

Maladict

Quote from: The Brain on August 30, 2014, 02:35:57 AM
Quote from: Maladict on August 29, 2014, 06:28:19 PM
At the Vasa Museum this morning.  :cool:
Even better than the Mary Rose.

:w00t:

They're close, man. Real close.

Yes, they are. And it's hardly fair given the work still being done on the Mary Rose.
But it has got to top my museum ship list so far.

Tonitrus

While stopping into a local market to get some rosemary rolls (because rosemary is awesome, that's why), I saw overweight-teenage-nerd-boy dragging behind him bookish-geek-girl-wearing-a-fuzzy-tail.

Anchorage is indeed a modern city.  :)

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 14, 2014, 01:18:46 AM
While stopping into a local market to get some rosemary rolls (because rosemary is awesome, that's why), I saw overweight-teenage-nerd-boy dragging behind him bookish-geek-girl-wearing-a-fuzzy-tail.

Anchorage is indeed a modern city.  :)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Not even Bernhard Goetz would survive.  :(

mongers

Damn the evenings are closing in fast now, soon the clocks will go back to GMT and bike trips will be curtailed.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

In Silesia. Kind of forgot solo traveling western males usually come to these parts for a rather specific reason.
I'm certainly getting enough attention.  :blush:

mongers

The long slow drag through a British Autumn and Winter begins.  :(

mongers

Off to do some foraging in the forest tomorrow, if the weather's good.  :bowler:

Ed Anger

I spent about 3 hours out enjoying the 70 degree weather in the Challenger dodging bike tards  and motorcycle tards.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

My horizons are shrinking, metaphorically and literally so far this Autumn/Winter.  :(

Managed to get out early this evening to try out my shite single speed shopping bike on off-road terrain, now it's equipped with armoured tyres.
Took a trip out along one of my old routes to a town which I rarely seem to visit these last couple of years, but which is the 'gateway' to some nice Mid-Dorset territory beyond it.

The bike didn't perform too bad, it'll do for mud and rain of the coming few months. Odd having a notional 54-56 gear inch on a single speed, have to pedal like crazy to get anywhere.  :D

Damn though, no longer too keen on coming back amidst rush our traffic on urban/urban fringe and a major A-road; I think my brave days are over, not that I'm scared, but it's a case of playing the percentages so to speak and I've ridden my luck. Hence I'll avoid that sort of traffic/situation/time and especially not in the dark for these next 3 months.

mongers

Popped out late afternoon to visit a part of the forest I never visit. Had it all to myself, mile after mile of forest track and no one about, just me, the trees and the slightly miffed horses. Ended up doing 16-17 miles, half off-road, quite minor road on the way home, nice sunset view on way back, on pasted by 2-3 cars the whole way.

Just followed my nose and ended up at a place I must have past hundreds of times, but never stopped. It's a little group of trees on a natural lawn just on the edge of a pretty wood, because it's right next to the major road in the area, most people in the region would be familiar with the site, but because there's no road access, most like me will have never stopped, until now. Here:

mongers

Weird looking tree stump:

The Brain

Do you have: animistic tendencies?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

On the way home this evening along a quite lane, I had the company of a barn owl for 300-400 yards, before he flew off into a barn!

Maybe this is an omen, perhaps some wisdom will finally land on my crowded shoulders?   :hmm:

Or maybe it a harbinger for the flight of the last of my reason.  :P