News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2013, 08:29:02 PM
What the hell did you do out there?  Did you cut down all those trees?

Elk hunting.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Did the Elk do all that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Out in the city of Salisbury today, collecting some gps data for a map I'm building.

Instead of using a bike, I walk more than 3.75 miles!  :gasp:

That's the most I've done in years.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2013, 08:33:42 PM
Did the Elk do all that?

He was likely out on National Forest land, and that was remains was from commercial timber cutting (and also open to hunters). 

One of the pictures also clearly shows the young trees from re-planting.

All very common scenes from the great Pacific Northwest.

mongers

Popped out and did a quick 17 miles on the bike late this afternoon, primarily to get some more way-point for the map, rather tedious having stop 60-70 times to logged junctions etc.  <_<

On the way back, quarter hour past sunset, a canadian/american couple on mountain bikes stopped me for directions, they were on their way to Romsey on the other side of the Forest.

They didn't have a map and probably had another 20 miles to do in the dark.  And I thought I sometimes wasn't too well prepared. :hmm:

The Brain

Do interracial couples get weird looks in your area?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on November 10, 2013, 04:18:59 PM
Do interracial couples get weird looks in your area?

No, not at all; not sure why you asked the question ?

Coincidentally this couple were, but the confusion on my part was having a heavy cold and them being soft spoken, so one or both could have been Canadian or American, or perhaps the other one was Dutch/Danish/Scandinavian?

The Brain

Why do I post anything on Languish?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Ed Anger

Wait, Americans soft spoken? HEY NIGEL, WHICH WAY TO HEATHROW?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Living on a 'boundary' between water and land means in this weather, I got home half covered in mud.   :cool:

mongers

Coming home last night through the edge of the forest, not a soul about or for that matter any cattle, horses, deer or donkeys, I guess they move uphill to kip overnight in the ferns/bracken. 

Could have done most of the journey moonlit, save for the occasional tunnel of trees requiring lights. 

I can sort of see how others, down the years, have accused me of 'hobbit tendencies'.   :bowler:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2013, 05:31:22 PM
Wait, Americans soft spoken?

I'm often told people can't hear me.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers