News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I don't have much to say in response to your tour posts - but I'm enjoying them greatly :cheers:

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 02:15:14 PM
I wish I were your neighbor. :(

:)

Yes, your and your family would make a nice change from some people around here who think they're property developers.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Popped out up the valley to attend a lecture at the museum this evening, a round trip of 37 miles on the folding bike, some of it was off-road, great fun coming back in the pitch dark over the somewhat muddy* high downs.

And I had the roads all but to myself, for the last 17 miles no car overtook me.  :bowler:

* actually wet chalk.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on October 08, 2013, 06:02:26 PM
Popped out up the valley to attend a lecture at the museum this evening, a round trip of 37 miles on the folding bike, some of it was off-road, great fun coming back in the pitch dark over the somewhat muddy* high downs.

And I had the roads all but to myself, for the last 17 miles no car overtook me.  :bowler:

* actually wet chalk.
That's a nice trip on a bike, sounds very relaxing, and a good bit of exercise.

Tamas

* actually wet chalk.

I would be a bit wary of the wildlife (including dogs, maybe humans) during the night on some godforsaken country road.  :hmm:

KRonn

Quote from: Tamas on October 09, 2013, 07:29:47 AM

* actually wet chalk.

I would be a bit wary of the wildlife (including dogs, maybe humans) during the night on some godforsaken country road.  :hmm:

I'd be more worried about cars, drivers who are drunk, texting, sexting, talking on phones, or all of the above at the same time, even in daylight.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on October 09, 2013, 07:35:32 AM

* actually wet chalk.

I'd be more worried about cars, drivers who are drunk, texting, sexting, talking on phones, or all of the above at the same time, even in daylight.

:yes:

Exactly This.

I also see this behaviour, all day long, is it me or are drivers getting increasingly distracted on the roads by gadgets ?

garbon

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2013, 07:49:28 AM
Quote from: KRonn on October 09, 2013, 07:35:32 AM

* actually wet chalk.

:yes:

Exactly This.

I also see this behaviour, all day long, is it me or are drivers getting increasingly distracted on the roads by gadgets ?

I think that's why, at least here, governments are clamping down on them. Of course, it isn't like there was an issue with people looking at maps, newspapers, makeup, etc. back in the day.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Popped out to do some shopping early this evening, did a dozen miles,  part in the rain, lots of rush hour traffic around, glad my tyres and mudguards performed well in the standing water etc.   :)

Sheilbh

The most threatening experience I've had of British wildlife was a narrow path filled with angry looking cows.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on October 02, 2013, 02:15:14 PM
I wish I were your neighbor. :(

I would throw all the used kitty litter into his yard.  The clumping stuff.  Like little Stonehenges of shit.

Eddie Teach

That's not very neighborly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 14, 2013, 10:10:55 PM
The most threatening experience I've had of British wildlife was a narrow path filled with angry looking cows.

Yeah, it's an sorry comparison compared to what our American or Australian posters have.   :D

Eddie Teach

Haven't seen teh Jack or Bumblebee in ages.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Did a quick 20 miles earlier this evening, on my only currently working/together bike.   :hmm:

So by default I think this is my winter bike.