Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maladict

Syt

Looks like the setting of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Nice late afternoon day out, did a 40 odd mile roundtrip to Salisbury to help the local museum empty some of galleries. 

Everything is now growing, lovely spring sunshine in amongst dodging the showers.   :bowler:

11B4V

Quote from: PDH on April 14, 2013, 06:56:32 PM
Mountains!

Those be hills. Looks to be a nice deer area. 

These are little mountains. Elk hunting 2012

Other

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on April 15, 2013, 06:13:28 AM
Looks like the setting of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I played that.  Then Melody said she was going to call the police. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Used to be a big mountain. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on April 18, 2013, 09:02:44 PM
Quote from: PDH on April 14, 2013, 06:56:32 PM
Mountains!

Those be hills. Looks to be a nice deer area. 

Yep deer all over the place, and in a lot of the nearby agricultural land, has become a bit of a problem; needs someone like you to shoot a few. 

11B4V

They can be a little destructive. I have six blacktails that I battle every spring and summer. Fuckers munch on the plants.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

I hope the elk hunted you down and fucked your shit up.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

I hope the elk hunted you down and fucked your shit up.

I carry a big caliber rifle for elk.  :blurgh: plus two pistols for SD.

mongers

Quick rural raid this evening to one of my favourite hill forts in Dorset, Badbury Rings *.
First time I've been there in months, spring hasn't arrived there yet, trees not awoken, but a nice little 33 mile jaunt. 

* Cal, one of the reputed sites of Mount Badon

mongers

Bit of a rest day/evening, did go out on the bike, but more effort was expended in my first efforts to get the garden sorted out.   <_<

Now that the 'good weather', light still gone 8.30 pm and I've now stretched myself and my horizons a bit on the bike, now is the time to start going further a field of an evening.

jimmy olsen

I went to a facualty dinner at the 108 Samgyupsal restaurant. Sam Gyup Sal is Three layer pork cooked on a grill and it is delicious. 108 is a Buddhist religous reference. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Went to Salisbury this afternoon to help out at the museum, dismantled a 12 century chimney top, not exactly the most interesting piece of archaeology I've encountered. 

You wont believe this, but it was so sunny in the cathedral close, my camera phone couldn't cope with all the light:

:)

Ended up exploring a new route to another iron age hill fort, Old Sarum, original site of the city. Pretty hot for an English spring day.  Ive decided you can't take a good picture of a hill fort:

Ended up cycling about 75 kilometres.
Dallied a lot along the river at various places on the way home. Man I'm loving these light evenings.   :cool: