Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on March 15, 2013, 08:14:24 PM
Today, it rained, didn't get out no the bike.  <_<

I thought if you didn't get out when it rained, you'd never be able to?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

What does free speech activism mean? :unsure:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2013, 12:16:14 PM
What does free speech activism mean? :unsure:

In your language, unlimited and anonymous campaign contributions.

Admiral Yi

Mongers was giving out really big campaign contributions anonymously in English villages?  :huh:

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2013, 11:45:56 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 15, 2013, 08:14:24 PM
Today, it rained, didn't get out no the bike.  <_<

I thought if you didn't get out when it rained, you'd never be able to?  :P

Indeed.  :bowler:

As it was, wasn't too muddy and I stayed dry up until a point.

Came across the top of a little hill, must have just missed a hailstorm, 3-4mm stuff was lying everywhere like snow. Thought to myself good job I missed that, bit further on, stopped to chat with an acquaintance and it started to rain, carried on walking/chatting and in that incremental British way, the rain gradually ratcheted up itself through all the versions of rain, till we were standing in another hail shower.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Rain eventually gave up the ghost in the late afternoon, managed to get out into the forest for an hour or so. 
All the fords up, everything wet, but looking shiny in the late sunshine, spring is arriving.  :) 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on March 17, 2013, 04:38:11 PM
Rain eventually gave up the ghost in the late afternoon, managed to get out into the forest for an hour or so. 
All the fords up, everything wet, but looking shiny in the late sunshine, spring is arriving.  :)

So, not much different than when you piss all over the place outside.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2013, 04:40:32 PM

I'm sensing you got up in a bad mood today.   :hug:

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on March 17, 2013, 06:22:15 PM

I've got his bite marks on my leg.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2013, 06:54:34 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 17, 2013, 06:22:15 PM

I've got his bite marks on my leg.  :(

:(

One of the fords I diverted around, had a car parked 5 yards from it on the up-slope, clearly the signs, perfect sunny visibility and the mark one eyeball, weren't enough to convince this young woman it was a bad idea to drive her little bmw-Mini through it and flood the engine.
I almost felt sorry for as she sat in the recovery van, as the mechanic hitched up her car for the ride home. 

:rolleyes:

mongers

Getting colder, consistent stiff NE/ENE winds drying everything out, did 'brave' the 1C to checkout the tracks near me.   :)

mongers

Visited the place where I was born, for the first time, it's only a 16 mile round trip up the valley, wonder why I didn't get around to this before.   :hmm:

Just lovely to get out and about without having to wear gloves and a hat. 

Also must be the first time in months I've been able to set out with a map and go places I haven't been or tracks I've not used before. 

Really looking forward to be able to spend large proportions of the day/weekend just out, exploring, cycling, being.   :)

mongers

Short trip out into the forest, nice to do a little bit of exploring with a map and finding all those nooks and crannies, one's passed by in the past. 

Nice to stand on top of a hill in a breeze and it not to be a cold biting wind but a mild refreshing one.  :cool: 

The forest is on the verge of springing into life, so things still a bit grey and 'overcast'.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM