And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 20, 2018, 07:16:45 PM
I don't think he's leaving for good.  :huh:

I know he's not; he's just deserting the field of weather combat for a coupla weeks.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2018, 08:58:04 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 19, 2018, 08:52:58 PM
Technically both states are too big for their own good.

Too small to be republics, too large to be insane asylums.

Also nearly impossible, as all potential political sides in such an effort would have to agree.

garbon

Well it took me basically no time to be confronted with racism in the South. There's a monument to the confederacy at the southern tip of Charleston and a group of about 10 people have gathered with a host of confederate flags and signs about patriotism. There's a counter demo of two people with one sign that says 'Racism sucks'.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Actually I was wrong the counter demo is about as large. Both sides...all white people. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 21, 2018, 10:07:56 AM
Well it took me basically no time to be confronted with racism in the South. There's a monument to the confederacy at the southern tip of Charleston and a group of about 10 people have gathered with a host of confederate flags and signs about patriotism. There's a counter demo of two people with one sign that says 'Racism sucks'.

Welcome to the New Old South.

mongers

Caught the bus up the valley to the city to do some work stuff, all the way I was looking at the hills and downs, thinking "it'll be another couple of months before I can get up there and beyond."  <_<

Ah well roll on spring and 61 days till BST begins.  :bowler:

Eddie Teach

What do you do for work, mongers?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I wish I was in Charleston.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Gups

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 22, 2018, 08:26:11 PM
What do you do for work, mongers?

Pizza delivery guy, is my guess.

mongers

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 22, 2018, 07:04:52 PM
Caught the bus up the valley to the city to do some work stuff, all the way I was looking at the hills and downs, thinking "it'll be another couple of months before I can get up there and beyond."  <_<

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Spring and Summer. Already planning my garden, have ordered seeds and supplies.   Also it's just so nice to be able to get out a lot more.  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 23, 2018, 10:20:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 22, 2018, 07:04:52 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Spring and Summer. Already planning my garden, have ordered seeds and supplies.   Also it's just so nice to be able to get out a lot more.  :)

I notice things are picking up here, were are getting nearly two extra minutes of evening light each and every day; now 34 days past Winter solstice, just 60 days till British summer time.  :bowler:

mongers

Spring is sort of in the air here, still rather cold, but a lot of plants are putting out new growth. Lots of snowdrops and some daffodils spotted on my Sunday afternoon ride.  :bowler:

Also we're now at the half-way point, 47 days on from the winter solstice, 47 days till the start of BST, we're now getting usable light after 5pm.  :cool:

KRonn

We've had some almost Spring like days. Today wasn't too cold and was sunny but quite windy which made it feel a lot colder. Still I think I've gotten more accustomed to the cold weather as I don't always get bundled up when going outside. I've noticed that same thing in past winters. Seems by about mid January I'm not feeling the cold as much.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 05, 2018, 08:43:57 PM
We've had some almost Spring like days. Today wasn't too cold and was sunny but quite windy which made it feel a lot colder. Still I think I've gotten more accustomed to the cold weather as I don't always get bundled up when going outside. I've noticed that same thing in past winters. Seems by about mid January I'm not feeling the cold as much.

Then KRonn, you're more of a spring chicken than me, I definitely now feel winter in my bones.  :D