News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on April 17, 2017, 12:49:54 PM
On a walk past the pyramid of Austerlitz (in Holland, built by bored French soldiers), I noticed I was walking on Waterloo road. Even after 200 years, one must be vigilant.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Yesterday saw my first* honey bee this year, also first duck chicks too.

This evening on my way home, first herd of red deer I seen outside the forest in a fair few years, also 3 ginger cats, no other cats, just ginger ones.

May have caught sight of a swallow, but in my peripheral vision, so may have just been a bird flying in a similar way. Besides they say something about one swallow not making a summer, so here's to the late frosts.  :bowler:

*Better than last year,  as I had to go to Wales to see my first one.  :hmm:

mongers

Popped out to Stonehenge on the bike this evening, very nice weather.  :bowler:

mongers

This evening took the long way around to get to the coast, so I could cycle the pleasant 8-9 miles of beach front, before heading home. Nice evening with very few people about, just the occasional beach-hut occupant.

Ended up cycling around the whole outside of 350,000 pop conurbation, certainly beats travelling in it or cutting across it.  :D

mongers

Went for a ride around the national park this evening, the forest has just about fully woken from it's Winter slumber.

Should have it largely to myself for the next couple of months before the tourist season gets going.   :bowler:

mongers

This evening I went out to Hod Hill in mid-Dorset, a large iron age hill fort with a small Roman auxiliary fort in one corner, you can still see the remains of the small murder* ditches in the grass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hod_Hill

*Don't know the official name for the small ditches in front of Roman fortifications that were designed to trap the feet of attackers and either trip them or break their ankles. 

Probably the furthest West I've been solely on a bike so far this spring.

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

mongers

My furtherest penetration into Dorset sofar this year on a bike, got to Shillingstone and Stourpaine, before having to turn back home, back via Blandford, one of the dullest of Dorset towns.  :bowler:

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: mongers on May 14, 2017, 09:12:55 PM
My furtherest penetration into Dorset sofar this year on a bike, got to Shillingstone and Stourpaine, before having to turn back home, back via Blandford, one of the dullest of Dorset towns.  :bowler:

Hence the name  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 15, 2017, 01:38:10 AM
Quote from: mongers on May 14, 2017, 09:12:55 PM

Hence the name  :cool:

:D

mongers

Visited the South East corner of the national park this evening, nice little 40 mile ride, got home at 10 to 10 will still some light lingering in the sky.  :bowler:

mongers

Had a choice between going to a folk festival this weekend or going out onto the Wessex downlands, no surprise I choose the later.  :bowler: