News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Donald loves the Canadians.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Made it onto the Wiltshire downlands this afternoon, though the mud eventually stopped me. With any luck warmer weather and with Spring just around the corner, the byways we open up for some more interesting treks.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Blarney Castle, about this time last year. A fat American woman is kissing the stone. I...didn't.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Maladict

Visited Cordoba yesterday. What a place :wub:

MadImmortalMan

Here's something for the ladies.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

KRonn

It's been like springtime around here the last few days. In the 60s and close to or into the 70s in some places. Cool today but next week again 50s and 60s. Out walking yesterday, in February, and people were in shorts and short sleeves. 

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 26, 2017, 08:06:19 PM
It's been like springtime around here the last few days. In the 60s and close to or into the 70s in some places. Cool today but next week again 50s and 60s. Out walking yesterday, in February, and people were in shorts and short sleeves.

Not that balmy here, but definitely Spring here judging by the number of things flowering in the garden and countryside.  :bowler:

Certainly OK being out and about in the 50s and damp Westerlies.

grumbler

This warm weather is going to be a disaster if it triggers blooming and then there are a couple of hard frosts.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 25, 2017, 03:56:31 AM
Here's something for the ladies.

That fish looks much happier with a bicycle than it would without it :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2017, 09:31:43 PM
This warm weather is going to be a disaster if it triggers blooming and then there are a couple of hard frosts.

Right, and there's already buds on trees around here and I've even seen some leaves of flowers starting to come up. And it's going to get colder and below freezing overnight especially, according to forecasts for the week. Same thing happened last year.

mongers

It's official, Spring has arrived, well at least according to the UK Met Office.  :bowler:

The other proof it's here is the precipitation, which could be drizzle, light rain, very damp, fine mist or any variation in between from one moment to the next.  <_<

Anyway with the light lasting past 6pm and BST around the corner, time for me to get out and about more.  :)

Zanza

Visited one of the nicer castles around here this weekend. Schloss Lichtenstein - built in its current state during the 19th century on top of historical foundations.

mongers

Been going to a lot of West country and Welsh cities/towns for a work project over the last week and a half, places like Cardiff, Bristol, Gloucester, Portsmouth, Dorchester, Bath, Swindon, etc. I seemed to have developed an enthusiasm for more modest cathedrals.  :bowler:

Too much travelling given my age, something like 25 miles walking, 130 miles cycling, 200 miles on buses and 1,170 miles on trains.  <_<

Maladict

On a walk past the pyramid of Austerlitz (in Holland, built by bored French soldiers), I noticed I was walking on Waterloo road. Even after 200 years, one must be vigilant.