News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

September 22nd, Happy birthday Frodo Baggins, maybe I should follow his lead and seek out an adventure or two?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on September 21, 2017, 07:14:55 PM
September 22nd, Happy birthday Frodo Baggins, maybe I should follow his lead and seek out an adventure or two?  :bowler:

Maybe just smoke some pipeweed and imagine an adventure or two.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Pay a visit to Tom Bombadil.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Granada is amazing. The views of Alhambra are simply stunning and the old town is a joy to stroll around in, also free tapas.

A lot of the people here seem to share celed's doomsday mood. Several people just quietly walking around with Spanish flags and one lady had a giant doomsday clock in the colours of the EU, it was close to midnight.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2017, 10:21:14 AM

Pay a visit to Tom Bombadil.

This was a good idea, but haven't found him yet; though maybe I'm slowly taking on some of his aspects?  :unsure:

Anyway, no trips or adventures now planned until the Spring.  :bowler:

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 23, 2017, 05:06:32 AM

Small adventures? I just fitted my commuter with mud tyres. The gravel road along the harbour feels like a small adventure every day with the record downfall we've had this summer/fall.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 23, 2017, 06:55:44 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 23, 2017, 05:06:32 AM

Small adventures? I just fitted my commuter with mud tyres. The gravel road along the harbour feels like a small adventure every day with the record downfall we've had this summer/fall.

Yes, small adventures are realistic aim for the next few months.  :)

I too have just put some winter tyres on the bike to deal with the mud, oh glorious mud.   

mongers

I'm lucky if I can get out for an hour a day/evening, because of the cold, lack of light and other commitments.

The plan for Winter is, come what may, to spend an hour each day outdoors, even if it's just an evening walk to the shops and into the next county.

21 days till the Winter solstice, come on Spring. 

mongers

Got a map book and roughly marking out some trips for next year; not doing anywhere on my own steam until March.  <_<

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2017, 06:31:22 PM
Got a map book and roughly marking out some trips for next year; not doing anywhere on my own steam until March.  <_<

Planning trips is often the best part.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 13, 2017, 07:01:57 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2017, 06:31:22 PM

Planning trips is often the best part.

Indeed.  :D

mongers

Popped out earlier this evening to check on an elderly friend; had a nice moonlight ride back home up the valley, even turned my lights off a couple of times, just using the light of a full moon. :somewhatmagical:  :bowler:

mongers

On my way home from an errand yesterday, I stopped on a bridge and spied a heron fishing on the opposite river bank. 

Only had to wait 30 seconds before it dived into the river and grabbed a large fish, back on the bank it looked like a nice brown trout as heron manoeuvred it down it's gullet. :bowler:

mongers

Popped into London this afternoon, to do some work market research and visit a couple of museums.

What surprised me is some up-scale areas, like Knightsbridge, Belgravia and Plimlico have manage to go even more upmarket, in the year since I was last passing through those boroughs.  :blink:

Just exactly how many more Merc, Ferraris and multi-million pound maisonette can these places take?  :hmm:

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2018, 03:20:23 PM
Popped into London this afternoon, to do some work market research and visit a couple of museums.

What surprised me is some up-scale areas, like Knightsbridge, Belgravia and Plimlico have manage to go even more upmarket, in the year since I was last passing through those boroughs.  :blink:

Just exactly how many more Merc, Ferraris and multi-million pound maisonette can these places take?  :hmm:

Same is happening in Boston in many areas, and certainly other cities as well. South Boston seems to be one significant example. It used to be neighborhoods of two and three story houses, people identifying as Southie's, families having lived there for generations. Now it's changed so much, become more and more upscale - expensive condos, town houses and shops.