News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Heya, I'm doing ok. Doing a lot of raking leaves, mostly taking them up with my lawn mower. It's that time of year.  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on November 11, 2021, 09:37:13 PM
Heya, I'm doing ok. Doing a lot of raking leaves, mostly taking them up with my lawn mower. It's that time of year.  :)

Good to know, KRonn.

But damn, now you're reminded my I've shed-load of things to do in the garden.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Spending most of my spare time traveling down to the Devon/Cornwall border to visit my rather ill, very old mother; not ideal.  :(

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on December 04, 2021, 04:21:55 PM
Spending most of my spare time traveling down to the Devon/Cornwall border to visit my rather ill, very old mother; not ideal.  :(

Sorry to hear that mongers. It may not be ideal, but good for you doing it nonetheless.

Syt

:console:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 05, 2021, 07:06:56 AM

Sorry to hear that mongers. It may not be ideal, but good for you doing it nonetheless.

Thanks Mal and Syt, it's just one of those things one has to do.

A plus is I'm seeing a lot of Dartmoor that I'd like to do some walking over, say when it's not wet, cold or dark, so say early summer 2025.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2021, 06:36:54 AM
This morning

.. snip

Nice.

edit:
such an atmospheric shot I saved it to MyDocoments, maybe I should start saving a few representative photos by different posters to get a wider sense of the geographical breath 'we' occupy?

Tamas

I recently caught myself missing that Central European style of architecture around me.

Syt

Would be nicer with trees instead of all those cars, though. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2021, 10:25:23 AM
Would be nicer with trees instead of all those cars, though. :P

I do not disagree, it looks to be a miserable street having to find parking space every evening on. :P But I don't think the solution to inner-city car overuse is to force a car-less society. :P

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

At the airport. Feel like I'm having flashbacks to a lifetime ago, well apart from all the face masks. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2021, 03:24:48 AM
At the airport. Feel like I'm having flashbacks to a lifetime ago, well apart from all the face masks. :blush:

Same. There are people travelling in full hazmat suits. :lol:

I did get a better face mask at the airport, should slightly increase my chances of coming home again.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on December 18, 2021, 05:13:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2021, 03:24:48 AM

Same. There are people travelling in full hazmat suits. :lol:

I did get a better face mask at the airport, should slightly increase my chances of coming home again.

:blink:

Have a safe journey, Mal.