News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Chilling in the park with podcasts while my cleaning lady was in today.

Nice and warm in the sun, but the wind ... yikes.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Have not seen that variety of plant before.  Bagbush?  Sackbush?

KRonn

Beautiful warm weather here the last two days, especially yesterday (Thursday) when it was in the 70s (over 21c). Going to cool off a lot for tomorrow, about the 30s (2c) tomorrow.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on March 12, 2021, 04:47:01 PM
Beautiful warm weather here the last two days, especially yesterday (Thursday) when it was in the 70s (over 21c). Going to cool off a lot for tomorrow, about the 30s (2c) tomorrow.

Good grief KRonn, that's going some, is it quite normal for the time of year where you are?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

No, this is exceptionally cold for mid-March. Colorado and surrounding states got several feet of snow and that's headed our way though it'll most likely be rain. March is usually a wild weather month.

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 12, 2021, 04:12:28 PM

I've noticed that putting up burlap over bushes to protect them over winter has gotten much more common here in Toronto over the past few years.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 12, 2021, 04:12:28 PM

Coffee sack tree.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

I my most recent grocery trip to Sainsburys, I had a small mission...a with some uncertain hope.

Would the grocers of Blighty have what I desired?

A quick scan of the canned veg aisle told me know...but a potential savior remained!  Rounding about to the "international foods" section, on the small, 2-foot wide section of shelf marked "American", above the Skippy peanut butter, past the Butterfinger bars, and next to the jars of hot dogs in water (really UK?  WTF)...there they were...of the only couple dozen or so items that come from the US imagination...dozens and dozens of tins of canned pumpkin.

Syt

Don't mock sausage from the glass.  :angry:

—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Couple of evenings ago, I made a southerly ride, saw the sea for the first time in probably 6 months.  :blush:

mongers

Not so much 'Five Go Mad In Dorset' as 'One Languishite makes a rare foray in Dorset', popped out into said county yesterday evening to see how far I could get and hopefully ride off the map, as it was I only had 3 hours of usable light and mis-remembered the old map, so thought going a little way past the village of Shapwich would be enough, which it wasn't.  <_<

Still the furthest West I've been under my own steam for nearly a year, a massive 18.3 minutes of longitude traveled westwards!

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2021, 11:48:22 AM
Couple of evenings ago, I made a southerly ride, saw the sea for the first time in probably 6 months.  :blush:

Nice. :)  Reminds me that I haven't been to the sea shore in quite some time! I'm not far from it either.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 28, 2021, 06:39:09 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 21, 2021, 11:48:22 AM

Nice. :)  Reminds me that I haven't been to the sea shore in quite some time! I'm not far from it either.

Yeah, crazy on my part, I'm all of 10 miles from the coast, a 50 minute evening bike ride.  :hmm:

Tonitrus

I may have been here too long...I was down at one of the US bases the other day, and responded to a fellow 'Merican with a "cheers" instead of a "thank you".  :(

KRonn

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 28, 2021, 05:26:02 PM
I may have been here too long...I was down at one of the US bases the other day, and responded to a fellow 'Merican with a "cheers" instead of a "thank you".  :(

:D