Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 22, 2020, 08:25:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2020, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 22, 2020, 12:35:42 PM
:hmm:

I want a car right now but then I also need a British license...which had been in the plans for 2020 -_-

Fortunately they just trust us official visitors with our US license.  :sleep:

We do have to take a test on UK road rules, but that's it.

I don't think it is a lack of trust rather than a money making scheme. After all, I was allowed to drive for one year and then they want you to pay for tests and UK licensing fees.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 22, 2020, 12:33:21 PM
Don't buy a car :x

Don't worry, though I am thinking of buying or renting a motorbike.  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Not going whole lot of places at the moment, what with public transport not being usable.

Have been trying to use the national park more and use more of the hillier parts of the forest, good exercise, but the lay off means I'm stuggling to even think about some of my old routes around and about.

So far this Spring/Summer I've been to the beach once (though mainly due to avoiding crowds, Wiltshire (Salisbury) once and only deep into the Forest once. Not seriously been into Dorset at all, just a few miles at most.  <_<

Zanza

I made it to Venice after all.  :) Not by air, but by car, as the airline cancelled the flight. There were plenty of other tourists, mostly Italians. But it was not over crowded. Really nice experience. 

Syt

Pff, could have just gone to Vienna instead for that Venice feeling. ;)

https://orf.at/stories/3171983/

Meanwhile, a picture from Karlsplatz last week on my way to work.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on July 06, 2020, 01:14:41 AM
I made it to Venice after all.  :) Not by air, but by car, as the airline cancelled the flight. There were plenty of other tourists, mostly Italians. But it was not over crowded. Really nice experience. 

So jealous

The Larch

I went kayaking with friends in a local reservoir last saturday night, under the full moon. We don't really realize how bright it can be on those nights.

Syt

Spotted a nice car yesterday.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

merithyn

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 16, 2020, 08:50:00 AM
Pass-by chat with one of my neighbors (who I haven't talked to before) while coming back from a run.

Him: "Ya ow' 'tin"?
Me: *confused Yank look* I'm sorry, what was that again?
Him: *a bit slower, and with more syllables* You out training?

Separated by a common language indeed.  He was also saying something, I think about one of our fellow neighbors and their ability to park.  But still, I couldn't understand about 60-70% of anything he said.

:lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

On my way home through the edge of the forest I spied a white hart attended by a dozen other stags, a majestic sight even at dusk. :bowler:

Richard Hakluyt

Syt

mongers gains 200 prestige.  :bowler:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on July 16, 2020, 07:17:47 PM
On my way home through the edge of the forest I spied a white hart attended by a dozen other stags, a majestic sight even at dusk. :bowler:

Very cool  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2020, 01:51:10 AM
mongers gains 200 prestige.  :bowler:

:D

Went back with a camera at this evening, best photo I could get in the dusk:

I did get some photos of the white hart seperately, but the camera, my skills and the light makes them not worth posting.

mongers

Not being able to use public transport is a bind, the furthest I've been on my bike this Spring/Summer is North to Salisbury, South to the coast, East across the forest to Brockenhurst and West to Badbury Rings hillfort in deeper Dorset.

That's the exact of my travels this year, so far and only once on each occasion.  :(