News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Beautiful weather and temps the last two days, with more in early week. Then cooling a bit mid and late week but still decent temps 50sF/10-14C.

Mowed the lawn for the second time. Put down insect killer around the house foundation to help keep ants/bugs out of the house. Cleaned weeds and leaves from my garden, but not planting most of it this year. Letting it rest, will put down fertilizer and look to plant next year.

In my earth boxes at one end of my garden, broccoli and cauliflower are coming up. :) In a week or two I'll plant a couple rows of more heat tolerant of the same veggies in the main garden.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on May 03, 2020, 09:29:21 AM
Beautiful weather and temps the last two days, with more in early week. Then cooling a bit mid and late week but still decent temps 50sF/10-14C.

Mowed the lawn for the second time. Put down insect killer around the house foundation to help keep ants/bugs out of the house. Cleaned weeds and leaves from my garden, but not planting most of it this year. Letting it rest, will put down fertilizer and look to plant next year.

In my earth boxes at one end of my garden, broccoli and cauliflower are coming up. :) In a week or two I'll plant a couple rows of more heat tolerant of the same veggies in the main garden.

:cool:
KRonn, that's well impressive.

Especially in comparison with my efforts this weekend .... in total 'thinking about' painting the garden furniture.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Heheh, yeah it was a lot. I felt pretty good and once I got going I kept doing and fixing things. I also put up a new bird feeder and fixed another one to keep squirrels out.  :)  Many neighbors were out and I spent time talking with them. Two of my neighbors are nurses and they've been really busy treating patients with Covid. 

mongers

Damn, in normal times if I left home on my bike now, I could get to Stonehenge and back before full nightfall, but I'm guessing a 5 1/2 bike ride contravenes the lockdown.

Instead, I'll get out a map, draw a 10km radius around home, and see what little places I could explore within 5-6 miles of here.  :(

Sheilbh

The rules are that you can have daily exercise there's no distance or time limit on that.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 03, 2020, 10:46:39 AM
The rules are that you can have daily exercise there's no distance or time limit on that.

Yeah I know, but I think if I got stopped in the middle of another county, 25miles from home they'd think I was taking the piss.

Plus I'm trying to keep to the spirit of the lockdown and it's a case of social solidiarity with all those people, like yourself in cities who only have parks or tow paths as recreational spaces.

Eddie Teach

Why would you get stopped?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Ended up doing some plane spotting by accident this evening, took a ride out past the local airport, turns out British Airways are now parking a chunk of their fleet at there, 5 or 6 747s and 40+ other twin jet boeings.

I guess they'll be parked there for a while.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on May 05, 2020, 07:22:43 PM
Ended up doing some plane spotting by accident this evening, took a ride out past the local airport, turns out British Airways are now parking a chunk of their fleet at there, 5 or 6 747s and 40+ other twin jet boeings.

I guess they'll be parked there for a while.

Yep, like many other airlines will do for a while yet. 

mongers

A few weeks back during the lockdown I was out looking for small, convenience or petrol station shops I could do some late night shopping at. Ended up in the next town, Wimborne Minster, not somewhere I go more than two or three times a year, usual just pass through it on my way deeper into Dorset. 

Any way the place as deserted, I ended up just take a turn around the one way system, I only saw two or three other people. Very odd to experience somewhere very familiar, so devoid of people. I'm now regretting not having visited some other nearby towns, just to get a different appreciation of the places.

But I guess the moment has now based, what with us exiting lockdown at a rapid pace.  :(

mongers

The Sunday before last I managed to cycle over the downs to Salisbury, first visit in months.  :blush:

Nice evening in the city and the downland was majestic.

But on my way back, via a slightly different route, right on the Wiltshire/Hampshire border around the corner I came across this:

:blink:

Around here that's a quite remote place, well at least for SE England it is, not another house for more than a mile and of an evening I'm often the only person in the landscape.They must have driven more than a mile off-road, just to trash it there.  <_<

I've notice a lot of this sort of rural vandalism going on over the last 2-3 weeks as lockdown ends and the feckless but still paid seem to be treating the countryside as an extension of their over-decked backyards. :rolleyes:

Grey Fox

End of a joy ride & they burned it down.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Nice countryside Mongers, until you got to the burnt out auto.  :)   I'm all neighborhoods here, but it's a well kept, nice looking middle class area.

Zanza

Maladict