News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2020, 12:49:27 PM
Needless to say, I've canceled my visit to the Tank Museum (Tankfest is postponed at this point, anyways). :(

Damn, that's depressing.  :(

Maybe in the post virus wasteland, we can eventually have a ;anguish meet up?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

I am still furious that before social distancing/stay at home last Monday the UK got battered by a new Atlantic storm every weekend - Ciara, Dennis, Jorge etc. Since social distancing, the weather has been made up of basically idyllic spring days we have to watch. Through our windows <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 24, 2020, 01:26:07 PM
I am still furious that before social distancing/stay at home last Monday the UK got battered by a new Atlantic storm every weekend - Ciara, Dennis, Jorge etc. Since social distancing, the weather has been made up of basically idyllic spring days we have to watch. Through our windows <_<

Yeah it's highly annoying.

I'm limiting myself to one trip out a day and I'm combining that with food shopping. And I'm aiming to only got out late in the day.

Yesterday before the lock-down, travelled through the edge of the New Forest and it's surprising how much more confident the wildlife is getting, had to stop and turn around as I didn't want to disturb a big herd of fallow deer in the road.  And on the way back got 'waylaid' by 15 donkeys in one big group. :D

Even the rookeries seemed more vocal and confident flapping all over the place bringing back lots of twigs for the nests in the tree tops.  :bowler:

mongers

Happy British Summer Time (BST) everyone, let's all go out and enjoy the extra light and fresh air.....

Ah bugger.  :(

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on March 29, 2020, 08:40:30 AM
Happy British Summer Time (BST) everyone, let's all go out and enjoy the extra light and fresh air.....

Ah bugger.  :(
I love these long evenings when you can sit out all night in a beer garden or a park with some drinks :(
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

It's still pretty cold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2020, 08:53:05 AM
It's still pretty cold.
Sort of my favourite time of year - it's sunny so I can be outside, but still need knitwear :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2020, 08:53:05 AM
It's still pretty cold.

Surprisingly cold in the garden earlier, think it's about 8C here.

mongers

I thinks I should lock or even delete this thread, because most of us aren't likely to be going very far, any time soon.  <_<

Admiral Yi

Your obsession with tinkering with threads, their titles, poll choices, etc.  does border on the obsessive.  Just let it slide onto the second page and revive it when we get to the other side.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2020, 09:52:00 PM
Your obsession with tinkering with threads, their titles, poll choices, etc.  does border on the obsessive.  Just let it slide onto the second page and revive it if when we get to the other side.

FYP.

Admiral Yi

Your obsession borders on the obsessive?   :wacko:

s/b borders on the manic.

Maladict

I took the trash out yesterday. That was a nice little walk in the sunshine, for all of 8 seconds.

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on April 04, 2020, 03:51:00 AM
I took the trash out yesterday. That was a nice little walk in the sunshine, for all of 8 seconds.

:lol:

But enough of your trash talk, Mal are you able to get to the sea easily?

I'm going to miss going to the coast.  :(

Syt

I'm going for short walks. There's not much greenery around my district, especially since the federal gardens are closed (city managed parks are open, though). The general advice is to stay close to your home and avoid public transport unless absolutely necessary.

1/3 of sidewalks in Vienna is under 2 meters wide, so even just going around a few blocks means constant weaving, changing sides of the roads etc. to keep your distance from others.

So usually I just walk to the Rathaus where there's two small parks there, or to the Schönbornpark, which is also tiny and half of it locked off playgrounds and football/basketball cages.

I'd normally head to Volks- or Burggarten but as I mentioned they're shut at the moment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.