News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Over the last 5 evenings I've managed to get out on the bike for an hour or two, nice to be back in countryside.

But still gets cold quick, coming back across the national park this evening, as soon as it hit 7pm, with the sun gone, it suddenly felt rather cold, had to stop and put a jumper and gillet on.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Ok, a jumper is a sweater, but what's a gillet?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Is there some connection in England between wearing sweaters and jumping?

Admiral Yi

First golf balls of the year have been hit.

mongers

KRonn

Spring is in the air, warm earlier this week then a bit cooler, but I think this weekend I may start my garden. Plant some peas as they thrive in cooler temps and get wilty as it gets warmer.

KRonn

I planted peas in my garden a couple days ago. Even though early, peas do well in cooler weather so making sure I get an early start. Usually I won't plant other stuff until about mid May or later so the soil warms up along with the temps.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2019, 06:24:54 PM
I planted peas in my garden a couple days ago. Even though early, peas do well in cooler weather so making sure I get an early start. Usually I won't plant other stuff until about mid May or later so the soil warms up along with the temps.

:thumbsup:

Good work there, KRonn, makes me feel guilty.

mongers

Yesterday evening I cycled around the SE Dorset conurbation of 400,000 people. A nice 38 mile ride embracing off-road, cycle track, old railway lines, country lanes and miles of seafront promenade. 

SO much better than actually going into the urban area itself.  :D

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 08, 2019, 07:31:02 AM
Yesterday evening I cycled around the SE Dorset conurbation of 400,000 people. A nice 38 mile ride embracing off-road, cycle track, old railway lines, country lanes and miles of seafront promenade. 

You do take some long bike rides. I used to ride with a couple friends and was a good workout, but didn't go that distance. You probably ride further than that too so keep up the good work. I walk these days, at a fast pace which gets my heart rate going up a bit, so that works for me.  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 08, 2019, 07:56:24 AM

You do take some long bike rides. I used to ride with a couple friends and was a good workout, but didn't go that distance. You probably ride further than that too so keep up the good work. I walk these days, at a fast pace which gets my heart rate going up a bit, so that works for me.  :)

I did some fast walking, about 3 miles in 40 minutes and it buggered me up for about a week; too much like hard work.  :D

garbon

First time I'd heard this reason for a flight delay: plane was struck by my lightning on inbound flight.

Also, fun as we wait for update on engineers to check plane: "Ladies and gentleman, as an update for you, unfortunately I do not have an update at this time." :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

It's the beginning of sailing season! I've been going to help get the boat ready for launch. Today we (re: The Captain) checked the rigging atop the mast. I held his safety line, and helped with directing him to check certain pins/rigging lines on the mast.

It was chilly on the water (~ 57F), but the sun was shining, just a handful of fluffy clouds in the sky, and I was on the water again. So worth it!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 09, 2019, 07:31:32 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 08, 2019, 07:56:24 AM

I did some fast walking, about 3 miles in 40 minutes and it buggered me up for about a week; too much like hard work.  :D

Hehe, I walk fast, a couple/few miles or so, depending how I feel. I get a good workout, get the heart rate and breathing up a bit, which is good and what I aim for.