News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Herd of donkeys, that's original. I often see flocks of wild turkeys around my area, on several occasions a group have walked through my yard. Turkeys have made a big comeback even in eastern Massachusetts. I've also seen coyotes locally and will often see deer or their tracks in my yard at night.

mongers

Well I'm glad this Winter is nearly over, because I've hardly gone anywhere on the bike these last three months.

Yesterday I went up onto the downs to the Wiltshire border to see what condition were like and when the byways would be dry enough to use.

Turns out that trip of just 9 minutes of latitude was the furthest north I've been by bike this season.  :rolleyes:

Probably still another month or so before I can get up and beyond Stonehenge on the byways, but when I was on the downs Spring was definitely in the air and pleasant to be in the countryside breathing fresh mild air with some light around 6pm.  :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Mongers, isn't it nice though to start thinking of nicer weather pursuits !  :)

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on February 24, 2019, 08:49:04 PM

Indeed and I'm going to make a start on the garden next weekend.

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on February 24, 2019, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: KRonn on February 24, 2019, 08:49:04 PM

Indeed and I'm going to make a start on the garden next weekend.

*Looks out the window at sleet falling from the sky*

Dammit.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Happy St David's day to one and all.  :)

And it's the official start of Spring in the UK today. The daffs and many of the flowering bushes are putting out new growth and some flowers.  :cool:

At least now I can get out and about in the evenings on the bike, once I've gotten home.

Going to be a wet and windy weekend here, but that's typical of Spring here, but next weekend I'll go out into Dorset to visit a favourite hill fort, Badbury Rings and Wimborne minster, I'll not have been that far West in several months. Anyway time to stretch one's legs a bit.  :bowler:

garbon

Took a stroll today outside the office while at lunch.

Saw the view in St. James Park

Then meandered over to Westminster Abbey, before stopping to look at the current state of Big Ben.

Outside of parliament a mixed demo was happening. Primarily of people supporting Brexit but a few counter-protesters(?) too.

Also, saw the site of a previous London Meet, now nearly 4 years past. Perhaps time for a reunion?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

St James looks lovely.  :)

In Toronto, this is the ugliest time of the year - the snow and ice is melting, revealing a whole winter's worth of hidden dogshit and cigarette butts in the mud. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Yeah, London lucks out with not really having a snowy period. Prevents what you describe, which I recall too well from NYC. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

On Sunday I managed to bike down to the coast, possibly the first time in 3 or 4 months.  :Embarrass:

At least I did do a bit of exploring and found a rather good beach, one I've not been to before; should make a nice destination for a spring or summer's evening ride once the BST starts.  :bowler:

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2019, 12:45:16 PM
Took a stroll today outside the office while at lunch.

Saw the view in St. James Park

Then meandered over to Westminster Abbey, before stopping to look at the current state of Big Ben.

Outside of parliament a mixed demo was happening. Primarily of people supporting Brexit but a few counter-protesters(?) too.

Also, saw the site of a previous London Meet, now nearly 4 years past. Perhaps time for a reunion?

Garbon, good photos, that's what I miss about not living in London, having that on one's doorstep.

Indeed to the bold part.

Richard Hakluyt

Languish meet in April?

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 15, 2019, 02:13:48 AM
Languish meet in April?

I'm free inclusive of the 8th to the 25th.

Richard Hakluyt

I'm going down to Sussex for a long weekend on the 12th-15th April; but could make a meet either side of those dates as I also have things to do in London anyway.

garbon

I'll be around on both sides of that. Maybe we could locate B and Tamas. :D