Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 02, 2018, 09:49:00 AM
Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2018, 08:47:12 AM
Off to Florence for final excursion of the year. :cool:

:cool:

Nice, hope you have a good time and aren't too affected by the storm after-effects.

PS say hello to Florence for me if you bump into her.

As per usual, caught a flight delay but that is alright. :D

And thanks, both.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Only spotted one other cyclist in the forest earlier this evening; no MAMILs so it must now be properly Autumn.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

mongers

Admiral Yi

You're a good sport mongers.

mongers

Doing vey little of any outdoors stuff at the moment; next week's 'highlight' looks to be limited to a train journey to Warminster in Wiltshire.  :lol:

KRonn

My outdoor stuff lately is pretty mundane. Lots of yard work raking leaves or more often mowing them up this time of year but I've been getting a good deal of exercise doing that. I also walk some, which I enjoy.

Tonitrus

In the spirit of my newfound englishness...took a ramble around the English countryside on a nice, sunny afternoon.  Lots of nice public footpaths within range of the house.

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 17, 2018, 12:22:27 PM
In the spirit of my newfound englishness...took a ramble around the English countryside on a nice, sunny afternoon.  Lots of nice public footpaths within range of the house.

:cool:

Welcome to our quaint country, that's in the precess of breaking apart.

Oh and you'll need one of these  :bowler: when you go fully native like Garbon has.  :P

mongers

Delayed coming home yesterday by a 'herd' of donkeys walking calmly over a ford.   :bowler:

Unusual to see ten of them together, normally I only see solitary or small family groups of two to four.

Grey Fox

Wild donkeys? in England?

What a country.

What's a ford? (Googling only talks about the car company).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2018, 10:33:44 AM

What's a ford? (Googling only talks about the car company).

a shallow part of a river suitable for crossing on foot.

garbon

I woke up at 4:30 this morning so I could fly to Germany to present a report to two people. I'm at the airport and likely won't be home till at least 9.

I think my body is too old for this. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Why no video conference?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I don't know. This brand team always has us fly, while for other projects for this company, we are allowed said virtual meetings.