News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Cherry blossoms seem very far away today.  :( Our city is covered in slush and ice.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

A trip out to Durrington walls, Woodhenge and Stonehenge this evening, the Wiltshire countryside is greening up nicely now, fields full of new born lambs up on the downs.   :bowler:

No far I know, but it's a start.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on April 19, 2018, 06:14:47 PM
A trip out to Durrington walls, Woodhenge and Stonehenge this evening, the Wiltshire countryside is greening up nicely now, fields full of new born lambs up on the downs.   :bowler:

You all sure have a lot of Henges!  :)  Are you pretty close to them, so the trips out to them are short?

Eddie Teach

I bet he's never been to Carhenge.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on April 19, 2018, 07:59:40 PM

You all sure have a lot of Henges!  :)  Are you pretty close to them, so the trips out to them are short?

Just a couple of bus journeys and some use of a folding bike, so fairly local.

Yeah henges are common in Wessex, a local farmer even dug one up on his farm.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Gups

I once had a girlfriend from Durrington. Lovely part of the country

Malthus

Damn, I must admit to being very envious. A short journey to so many amazing places!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

I used to work in Lexington Mass., scene of the first battle between Colonists and British army. In Spring time before the actual re-enactment of the battle we'd walk to the common and watch the re-enactments rehearsals. Pretty cool. Some of the original buildings are there, as I recall. I was there as a kid in boy scouts. We camped at a camp ground about a town away and hiked to Lexington then to the Concord Bridge for that battle re-enactment. Good stuff. Those events draw big crowds.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Gups on April 20, 2018, 10:25:08 AM
I once had a girlfriend from Durrington.

You had me all primed for a limerick.

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on April 20, 2018, 07:36:07 PM
I used to work in Lexington Mass., scene of the first battle between Colonists and British army. In Spring time before the actual re-enactment of the battle we'd walk to the common and watch the re-enactments rehearsals. Pretty cool. Some of the original buildings are there, as I recall. I was there as a kid in boy scouts. We camped at a camp ground about a town away and hiked to Lexington then to the Concord Bridge for that battle re-enactment. Good stuff. Those events draw big crowds.

The closest I get to that sort of thing is Niagara on the Lake; lots of neat War of 1812 battlefields there, plus historical reinactors at Fort St. George ... I got this neat shot there, of a guy firing a tiny mortar.

Ed Anger

Took a walk at the park today. Too many plebs on the path.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

That's why you need to buy your own park.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Camerus

Back in Shenzhen for the first time in 4 years. Nice to be back in a decent climate. Traffic is horrific.

garbon

Went to the Ħal-Saflieni Hypogeum. Glad I waited to go to Malta till it was open again. Well worth it! Also glad that booked ahead as they had sign it was fully booked until 3 of July.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2018, 08:14:13 AM
Went to the Ħal-Saflieni Hypogeum. Glad I waited to go to Malta till it was open again. Well worth it! Also glad that booked ahead as they had sign it was fully booked until 3 of July.

It's awesome  :yes: