Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Mrs. CC had the new variant a little while ago.  She is fully vaccinated, and it still knocked her off her feet for about a week. 

Would hate to think how bad it would have been without any vaccination.

The Brain

Former Swedish state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell, who got some international attention during Covid, is publishing a book on the pandemic in November.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I've been feeling terrible the last couple days and even took work off yesterday after I was feeling like I had a really bad sinus infection.

Just got a test delivered on Amazon and guess what I have? :yucky:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2023, 07:56:13 AMI've been feeling terrible the last couple days and even took work off yesterday after I was feeling like I had a really bad sinus infection.

Sucks :console:

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2023, 07:56:13 AMI've been feeling terrible the last couple days and even took work off yesterday after I was feeling like I had a really bad sinus infection.

I hope you recover quickly and fully.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Have to say I'm moderately surprised. I had heard the tests had lost a lot of their detection ability with recent variants.

With how far things have back slided in some cases I wonder whether covid even warrants a day off for many?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

It's still WFH where I work, but not that many people are testing regularly so I'm fairly sure I've had it from colleagues (though I didn't test either).

Also I only took time off with covid because it really did knock me out for a couple of days - and then the symptoms went away just as quick (though I kept testing positive for about a fortnight :bleeding:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

My whole family came down with covid around 10 days ago. Felt like crap for a week. Definitely happy to have been vaxxed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm still isolating from my husband as much as possible but looks like I'm back to feeling myself.

Good given I've a holiday soon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

The first Canadian case of the new variant has been found just outside Vancouver.

Syt

I've been listening my way through the Behind the Bastards podcast ("Everything you don't know about the worst people in history"). It's a bit hyper-woke, and its humor also will be very subjective (if anyone here watches Cody Johnston/Katy Stoll's Some More News - it's kinda similar, though less scripted).

Anyways, just finished a three parter about the history of the anti-vax movement from the start of vaccinations being a thing to ANdrew Wakefield and Robert Sears.

Now, obviously Robert Evans and his guest Anna Salinas riff a lot about the damage this movement and its enabling grifters causes at the time of the podcast (e.g. measles flaring back up again), and that more needs to be done to get people to understand the benefits, work against misinformation, helping people understand the science/statistics ("There's hardly any measles cases, so why do I need to vaccinate my kid??"), and that more kids need to get vaccinated, and whether there should be mandatory vaccinations. They mention a few times how shit things could become if a proper epidemic were to hit the US.

The podcast came out in Feb 2019, and I couldn't help cringe many times at their comments, thinking, "Oh you poor bastards, you have no idea what's coming up in a year or so ..."  :ph34r:  :lol:  :cry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.