News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The China Thread

Started by Jacob, September 24, 2012, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 26, 2013, 10:06:59 AM
Neil's showing his true otaku colors in this thread.

I like it that the Engrish guy is Tom Cruise'n against a real Chinese guy.

Awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

So is this big gold statue of Mao the Chinese version of tit for tat? You guys honor war criminals, so we honor genociders?  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Mao mostly killed the hell out of the Chinese. 

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 26, 2013, 05:34:45 PM
Mao mostly killed the hell out of the Chinese.

So they have something in common.

Jacob

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 26, 2013, 05:31:48 PM
So is this big gold statue of Mao the Chinese version of tit for tat? You guys honor war criminals, so we honor genociders?  :lol:

The last bunch of Chinese government officials trying to make a big deal out of honouring Mao are all languishing in prison or house arrest.

Razgovory

So has Tyr gone native or is this just his normal dopey self?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

He still sounds more British than Japanese to me.

Lettow is the one going native.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on December 26, 2013, 07:53:40 PM
Wait, really?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on December 26, 2013, 09:06:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 26, 2013, 07:53:40 PM
Wait, really?

I thought he lives in Japan these days, teaching and such.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Yeah, all that is true.  It just rankled me for you to call him 'dopey'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

What word would you have preferred.

Neil

I just don't think it's appropriate for you to criticize people's politics, even though Jos is usually fairly dopey.

Razgovory

In the future I'll just email my comments to Grumbler and have him relay it to Tyr.  I often do that.  If Grumbler is saying something stupid, you can bet he's doing it on my behalf.  Come to think of it, we've been doing that a lot lately.  Maybe I should stop that, people might start to think that there is something wrong Grumbles.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2013, 12:14:21 AM
If Grumbler is saying something stupid, you can bet he's doing it on my behalf.

I think the head wound he got serving on the Monitor might have something to do with it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

There's no fucking way that the number on this jet is a coincidence. How can you defend this scumbag Tyr? I understand he's managed the economy better than any Japanese PM in 20 years, but he's revisionist of the worst sort.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point