And we're back!

Main Menu

World in Conflict - Soviet Assault

Started by Syt, March 13, 2009, 02:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Available on Gamersgate:
QuoteNew features include:

New Single-Player Campaign:  For the first time, play as the Soviet army and follow the global invasion from the perspective of the motherland. World in Conflict: Soviet Assault continues the franchise's tradition of gripping, Hollywood-quality voice-over performances, tense and emotional storylines and unbelievable, cinematic storytelling methods.
New Maps:  World in Conflict: Soviet Assault's award-winning multiplayer modes get more maps to facilitate the intense team-based battles.
Action-Focused Gameplay:  The game's unique design removes base- building, resource gathering and "tech trees" in favor of fast, hard- hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions – much like an FPS – creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
Player Roles:  Players chose to command units from Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air roles; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
Real World Super-Powered Warfare:  Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters -- as well as nuclear weapons -- from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
Cutting-Edge Graphics:  The latest version of Massive's proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, utilizes the latest DX10 technology, and allows for full 360-degree camera control.
Complete Destructibility:  As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as houses crumble, forests burn, terrain becomes deformed and the entire environment changes.

I have the original game, but never finished the campaign. :( I do have a strong NATO vs. WP itch to scratch, though. On the other hand, 20 EUR for this expension seems expensive. If you don't have the original game yet you can get a "Gold" ersion which has game plus add on for 30 EUR.  ::)

I do like the trailer for it on their main page, though:
http://www.gamersgate.com/index.php
Nice camera movement.  :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Checking Amazon.de - they have the expansion for 13 EUR. I guess I'll check stores, and if someone has it for 10 I'll take it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

they should continue the story rather than retell it

Warspite

I did enjoy WiC, but multiplayer was ruined by assholes. And I had no time to join a clan. :(
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

derspiess

Anyone know where the original game is available for cheaper than ~$30?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
Anyone know where the original game is available for cheaper than ~$30?

Yes but I don't know how you feel about a French Version.

Also, it's on direct2drive.com for 29.95$
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.