And we're back!

Main Menu

Sleeping Dogs

Started by Scipio, August 14, 2012, 06:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 26, 2012, 02:32:21 PM
http://jacobkrarup.blogspot.ca/

I like that blogspot layout of yours, Jake.

Just like your hair, it's prettier than mine.  Bastard. :ph34r:

Razgovory

We are at CdM stalk alert 5!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 19, 2012, 10:11:27 AM
I really like the story so far. Only about 40% done with the main story. My main criticism so far is it feels too short. Much of my eight hours in the game has been spent doing open-world game sorta things, like fleeing the police after stealing a boat and smashing pedestrians into my open car door while I'm driving at 80 mph.

I just finished this last night and yeah I feel the same way.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I played the Demo.  Man, Mono has it harder then I ever thought.  Hong Kong is fucking brutal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ancient Demon

I've also played the demo. I thought it was pretty good.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Razgovory

I'll probably get it, but not imedialty.  I want to get the CIV 5 expansion first.  I'd like to finish Deus Ex first as well, but man I can't get into the game.

garbon

I dropped off on Deus Ex Human Rev. Keep meaning to finish but get bored during boss fights.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Same.  The boss fights were a huge mistake.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Jacob, what kind of BS is this? I can't remap WASD to the arrows.

I'm pirating the damn game as retribution!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Scipio

Wow.  SquareEnix has doubled down on the PC version- v 1.5 just out with the following updates:

Sleeping Dogs – Patch 1.5 Release Notes

Stability
•   Improved CPU timing to reduce issues where the game plays too quickly
•   Various fixes to improve stability and minimize crashes during gameplay
•   Fixed an issue with the Bink video player which may improve stability during in-game videos such as the title screens

Controls & Camera
•   New option added! Aim Soft Lock: Lets the player enable or disable aiming assistance from the game
•   New option added! Mouse Free Look: Enables/disables camera auto-centering behind the player when using the mouse and on foot
•   New option added! Mouse Raw Input: When enabled, input is sampled directly from the mouse which improves responsiveness and accuracy on supported mice
•   New option added! Mouse Sensitivity: A modifier that determines how much speed is recorded from mouse movement
•   Mouse camera logic has been reworked for improved precision (independent of the raw mouse input option)
•   The Action Hijack binding is now independent of the Sprint/Parkour key value
•   While driving players can now use the mouse to look up and down
•   While driving the camera no longer immediately auto-centers when you stop moving the mouse
•   The high-speed camera shake while driving has been reduced
•   Mouse sensitivity no longer differs when Wei is and isn't carrying a gun

UI
•   Front End screens now support a button help bar that is fully interactive via mouse
•   Users are now able to exit screens by pressing the Back button
•   Corrected all issues when exiting a screen using the Backspace and Esc keys
•   It's now possible to switch sections by clicking on the corresponding icons or tab headers
•   The mouse wheel will scroll through all relevant lists in the user interface
•   Mouse hit regions have been fine-tuned throughout the front end to improve user experience
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 29, 2012, 07:31:00 PM
Jacob, what kind of BS is this? I can't remap WASD to the arrows.
Yeah, I got this game for free with my new video card and that is annoying me as well.  Why can't I map the keys to whatever other keys I want to?  :rolleyes:

Jaron

Why on Earth would you want to remap WASD to arrows? Maybe you can't because you shouldn't. :P

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

That's how I've always played PC games like this, FPS-style games, etc.

Octavian

Quote from: Caliga on September 15, 2012, 05:43:05 AM
That's how I've always played PC games like this, FPS-style games, etc.

Yeah me to. Not being able to remap would be a huge thing for me if it wasn't for the fact that I'm playing Sleeping Dogs with a controller.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Caliga

I may just break down and get one since I'd been thinking about doing that for a while and this is basically a console game anyway.  Which controller do you have?