News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sleeping Dogs

Started by Scipio, August 14, 2012, 06:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on March 07, 2017, 01:45:11 PM
The producer will refer him to the contract, most likely.

If the movie gets done, there's an arbitrage process within the WGA to adjudicate film credits, and it has pretty established rules. But it's very protective of film screenwriters vs other actors. A story credit though might be realistic and good enough for residuals, but it depends on what's on Jacob's contract and how exactly the movie turns out being (i.e. if the story and characters are totally different despite using the title). He might be able to get credit even if not written in his contract (I'm not an expert on American IP law, I'm more familiar with the Euro one), but it would probably involve much more sweat and lawyeering on his part.

While I haven't looked at it recently, I'm almost 100% certain there's no reference to any kind of derivative works or film scripts or anything like that. It just wasn't on anyone's radar.

HOWEVER - I did join the WGA during my time on Sleeping Dogs, specifically so I'd be WGA for the project. So maybe I should reach out to them... though I haven't paid any dues since then, not having been actively pursuing writing work.

Barrister

I kind of think you should.  Try and pull out your contract, reach out to the WGA, then try to contract the producers.

I mean - hell - what do you have to lose?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Randy Quaid showing up at his house.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2017, 09:11:02 PM
Randy Quaid showing up at his house.

Better than Douglas Quaid?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on March 13, 2017, 08:53:12 PM
I mean - hell - what do you have to lose?

Dues, obviously.

Jacob

Well... I wrote the union to ask them if I should expect anything to come out of this.

MadBurgerMaker

This was just recently on Steam for $5, with all the DLC (the "Definitive Version").  Fun game.