News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sleeping Dogs

Started by Scipio, August 14, 2012, 06:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

This thing is getting amazing reviews.  It's supposed to be the ultimate Hong Kong open-world undercover cop thingy of all time.

Anyone got it?  Thoughts, etc.?
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

So nice of you to mention Jacob.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

No time for games Dr. Jones. Not for at least next three weeks
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

This loud-mouthed Brit seems to really like it: http://youtu.be/ZI3AeT9pI9w

Apparently you can sing karaoke in the game and the actual voice actor for the main character sings.  :lol:

Looks really good and I may purchase it this holiday season.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I liked the recent trailers, but I have so many unfinished games, I'll probably wait for the inevitable Steam xmas sale. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Octavian

I bought it from Steam but it's not released yet in Europe...
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Jacob

I didn't actually follow the release since I haven't worked at UFG for a while (since shortly after Activision cancelled the game) but my comment is: I wrote it, so good to see the positive mentions of the story and characterization. There is some good stuff in there.

Buddha did a bit of work on the game too :)

Jacob

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 14, 2012, 08:22:10 PM

Apparently you can sing karaoke in the game and the actual voice actor for the main character sings.  :lol:

I claim 100% credit for this.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2012, 09:44:39 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 14, 2012, 08:22:10 PM

I claim 100% credit for this.

Jacob you magnificent bastard.  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Hmm...in the first few minutes got:

Mission failed. You fell in the water.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2012, 09:42:05 AM
I didn't actually follow the release since I haven't worked at UFG for a while (since shortly after Activision cancelled the game) but my comment is: I wrote it, so good to see the positive mentions of the story and characterization. There is some good stuff in there.

Is it possible to buy this game but pay you instead? :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on August 15, 2012, 08:21:26 PMIs it possible to buy this game but pay you instead? :cool:

That would be pretty awesome... but I don't think so.

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on August 15, 2012, 08:21:26 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 15, 2012, 09:42:05 AM

Is it possible to buy this game but pay you instead? :cool:

:pirate
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

You might have something there. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2012, 08:20:02 PM
Hmm...in the first few minutes got:

Mission failed. You fell in the water.

I take no responsibility for gameplay mechanics.