And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Ancient Demon on June 13, 2020, 01:45:28 PM
What is Johan doing wrong?

Dunno, but the last two major releases that he seems attached to (Imperator: Rome, and the EU4 DLC which was a year in the making) were released in a bit of a woeful state.,
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Judging by the EU4 forum, the HRE stuff has been fixed but what hasn't is AI nations seemingly absolutely unable to manage their economy, spiralling into such debts that make them inactive.

Solmyr

HRE is an all-devouring monstrosity in CK2 already (at least if you start in 1066), makes sense they brought that to EU4 as well. :P

crazy canuck

Never buy on release, never buy on release, managed to actually do that with this DLC :D

Valmy

Even if you don't buy the DLC you still get most of the problems associated with it patched in for free!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

So they've been patching the shit out of it... is it playable yet?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on June 23, 2020, 09:11:37 PM
So they've been patching the shit out of it... is it playable yet?

On the forum they still complain about a deadly AI debt spiral that almost all countries enter, stopping most wars before 1600

Caliga

Cool, I'll hold off.  Thanks for the intel. :)

Josephus

In my first game with new DLC, I don't really notice a lack of wars. What I do notice, though, is a very weak HRE, nominally led by a small one or two province nation. In the wars I've fought where the tooltip says "Country X is in the HRE and the Emperor will likely join the war,", the emperor never does.

Edit: Take it back. I am beginning to see a lack of non-colonial wars, starting in the mid 1600s
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

So P'dox went on holiday after releasing the latest expansion/patch but then decided it would be a good idea to have a content designer put out DD's about additional re-work that will be done to Southeast Asia.

Looks like the content designer and mods are getting to work overtime reminding people that he's a content designer and unable to fix any bugs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2020, 10:35:18 AM
So P'dox went on holiday after releasing the latest expansion/patch but then decided it would be a good idea to have a content designer put out DD's about additional re-work that will be done to Southeast Asia.

Looks like the content designer and mods are getting to work overtime reminding people that he's a content designer and unable to fix any bugs.

Yeah who thought that was a good idea?

The forum is full of outcry over how broken the game is, which gets promptly ignored, while the only staff active on the forum posts "yay, we are reworking SE Asia yay!".

Zanza

Currently playing 1.30 with Venice and I really enjoy it. So far, I am in the 1540s and have more or less destroyed the Ottomans and reached hegemony in Northern Italy. But Austria, France and the Man like are a threat.

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on July 30, 2020, 12:18:29 PM
Currently playing 1.30 with Venice and I really enjoy it. So far, I am in the 1540s and have more or less destroyed the Ottomans and reached hegemony in Northern Italy. But Austria, France and the Man like are a threat.

Like stick it to him.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga