News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

That insane CGI looked very realistic (except for what was happening).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I've never played the original Demon's Souls, but watched playthroughs of it. The remake for PS5 from what I see in streams, looks quite amazing. Certainly better than DS3 or Bloodborne. The sound design is awesome, and the magic effects impressive. And it runs at 60 FPS (there's also a more detailed "cinematic" mode that runs at 30 FPS, but it seems nobody is using it :lol: ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Cyberpunk 2077 (on Steam) will be playable on Geforce Now the day of release. :hmm:

Tempted to buy it on release now and play the game on Ultra settings with ray tracing on my absolutely mediocre box or my laptop.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Oddly, I'm completely unhyped for Cyberpunk. I do like Cyberpunk as a genre, but for some reason this doesn't click with me. Maybe because I still have a gargantuan backlog of big RPGs and open world games. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I'm fairly stoked for Cyberpunk.  I'll hold off buying until the reviews are out and it's had a patch or two, but I will likely buy the game this year.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Indeed, the delays make me question things a bit, so I'll wait at least a few days and read the reviews. Will buy then if no game-breaking bugs are reported.

Syt

I didn't play Jedi: Fallen Order the past two weeks, and wanted to continue today. First Origin insisted I log in again, even though I already had Origin open. Ok, needed to look up my password, and authorize my device. Again. Then loaded into the game, and my progress is gone. Like I never launched the game.

Fuck that.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2020, 07:57:51 AM
I didn't play Jedi: Fallen Order the past two weeks, and wanted to continue today. First Origin insisted I log in again, even though I already had Origin open. Ok, needed to look up my password, and authorize my device. Again. Then loaded into the game, and my progress is gone. Like I never launched the game.

Fuck that.

Your hate makes you stronger.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

This looks interesting in a "not for me" way, but some people here might enjoy it:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1286350/BPM_BULLETS_PER_MINUTE/

It takes the randomized dungeons (made up of arena shooter rooms) and upgrade drops from Ziggurat and combines it with Crypt of the Necrodancer in that you can only shoot and reload to the rhythm of the music. The soundtrack seems quite cool.

Currently 33% off.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

So Football Manager 2021 just released and apparently it has a revamped match engine and it's actually quite good??? Eurogamer had a glowing review of it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 25, 2020, 08:59:49 AM
So Football Manager 2021 just released and apparently it has a revamped match engine and it's actually quite good??? Eurogamer had a glowing review of it.

That's nice to hear. I've been wanting for them to improve that part of the game for ages, instead of adding meaningless features.

Syt

I picked up "art of rally" (yes, all lower case), a little arcade racing game about the rally circuit from the 60s through the end of Group B. They don't have official licenses, but the classics are all there, over 50 to unlock:

The stylized low poly graphics may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for a quick race in between it's quite fun. :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/550320/art_of_rally/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2020, 07:20:59 PM
I'm fairly stoked for Cyberpunk.  I'll hold off buying until the reviews are out and it's had a patch or two, but I will likely buy the game this year.
May hold off.  I need to buy a new oven.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

This is the first time I'm hearing of Cyberpunk.  Is this something like Deus Ex?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.